Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Semi-rolling...:-)
FUORISERIE

posted on 25/6/07 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
Italo, I like the short nose of your design.

Thanks....

Alan B

posted on 25/6/07 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FUORISERIE
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Yeah, the car reflects the Florida lifestyle, sun, sand, surf, bars, etc (or California, Hawaii etc.)...so waterproof/washable interior would be very useful....

So we need a dune buggy design approach to this car, more than an exo-skeleton design........

I like the idea of the beach buggy....

Actually I want to focus more on the exoskeletal aspect......or I guess more like sand rail as opposed to beach buggy....more tubing, less body work....absolute minimum, or at very least very easy bodywork.......

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 25/6/07 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
A nose cone and tail section moulded as Italo has drawn, but with translucent fiberglass paneling for sides would be really REALLY cool.

Attach the fiberglass side panels inside, so that the tubing remains exposed outward.

I recall the 340R having translucent sides?

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 25/6/07 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
I don't recall the sides of the 340R just off the top of my head, but it is certainly another car of inspiration......Yes I do like Italo's front and rear sections....I'm just dreading the whole mold making scenario again.....

Busy on the front end right now...could have it fully rolling in a couple of weeks...Steve, was it the Geo Metro rack that you said was a suitable one?

sgraber

posted on 26/6/07 at 02:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I don't recall the sides of the 340R just off the top of my head, but it is certainly another car of inspiration......Yes I do like Italo's front and rear sections....I'm just dreading the whole mold making scenario again.....

Busy on the front end right now...could have it fully rolling in a couple of weeks...Steve, was it the Geo Metro rack that you said was a suitable one?

"scenario?".... yes. I see what you mean. My next design will be slab sided! Or just plastic abs sheets formed with a heat gun.

The geo metro rack indeed. Almost identical to the early MR2. Might even be from the same manufacturer!

Steve Graber

Ratman

posted on 26/6/07 at 05:30 AM Reply With Quote
slab sided? hmmm, thats a thought.
FUORISERIE

posted on 26/6/07 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
The Rinspeed Exasis is a good example of a frame chassis, covered with coloured polycarbonate............the design is an aquired taste...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2007-Rinspeed-eXasis.htm

FUORISERIE

posted on 26/6/07 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

"scenario?".... yes. I see what you mean. My next design will be slab sided! Or just plastic abs sheets formed with a heat gun.

The geo metro rack indeed. Almost identical to the early MR2. Might even be from the same manufacturer!

something like the Twin-tech ?
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2007-TwinTech-V-Twin.htm

sgraber

posted on 26/6/07 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, much like the twintech. Simplicity rules!

This thread really makes me want to move close to the beach, just so I can own a Tiki!

seriously.

[Edited on 6/26/07 by sgraber]

Steve Graber

FUORISERIE

posted on 26/6/07 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Yes, much like the twintech. Simplicity rules!

This thread really makes me want to move close to the beach, just so I can own a Tiki!

seriously.

[Edited on 6/26/07 by sgraber]

Steve,
I totally agree with you, a very simple chassis to manufacture, and very limited bodywork to work with...........a few more sketches are coming soon..more buggish....

FUORISERIE

posted on 28/6/07 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Old rendering, something a little different.....still exo-skeleton but more retro-ish........just before you get the other rough sketches posted...

kreb

posted on 30/6/07 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Here's something fun. Since there's a beach buggy theme, what about you do a partial skin - in a mahogany ply?! Sandwhich the ply in a couple layers of fiberglass and you've got a middie - modern-buggy-woodie.

https://www.supercars.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1966_FiatAbarth_1000SP1.jpg

Syd Bridge

posted on 30/6/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
There was a wood skinned Locost thing at the Southampton Boat Show, a couple of years ago. Showing off the workmanship of a particular boatbuilder.

Looked quite nice, in polished mahogany with ash and spruce trim.

FUORISERIE

posted on 30/6/07 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kreb
Here's something fun. Since there's a beach buggy theme, what about you do a partial skin - in a mahogany ply?! Sandwhich the ply in a couple layers of fiberglass and you've got a middie - modern-buggy-woodie.

Like this........

FUORISERIE

posted on 2/7/07 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
I had some difficulties in finding the design, but I thought a modern Atv -quad design influence, could be fitting with your mid-engine chassis...

FUORISERIE

posted on 2/7/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
a very rough quick sketch........

Alan B

posted on 2/7/07 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice..........

FUORISERIE

posted on 2/7/07 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Very nice..........

working on the other views......

Simon

posted on 5/7/07 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Alan,

Slightly off topic, but you live in the land of V8's and cheap petrol and....

drive a Ford Focus

I like latest project btw

ATB

Simon

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.