Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 42 days
omega 24 v6

posted on 15/6/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sort of mixed on this one.
Agree with all said by mark allanson BUT
Picture a scenario when a mistake is made. You, an innocent party, are locked up for 6 weeks your wife and kids have the worry and inconvenience to handle. Meanwhile life goes on and bills mount up. You have no wage as you're hourly paid. How many low income family's will manage for 6 weeks with no money coming in??
Then suddenly it's a mistake and your released into the clutches of the no claim no blame lawyer and it costs the country a fortune in stress related payments I mean you may NEVER be the same person again.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

oldtimer

posted on 15/6/08 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
A very difficult subject. If our right to silence was removed and lieing to the police resulted in a charge of perjury, I'm sure most questioning and charges/release could be over in 28 days. 42 is a long time, if detention after 28 days was compensated at 2x daily pay would that not be OK? I know that other European countries have far shorter pediods for questioning, but they also have laws allowing post charge detention for YEARS.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.