Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Koso RX2N digi dash
triumphdave

posted on 23/11/08 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Koso RX2N digi dash

On this new model the speed sensor picks up the sprocket gaps or brake disc bolts on a bike.
I am not sure where to mount it on my kit,any ideas,its a live axle,so I am a bit limited as to where I can put it,and there was me thinking it would be easy as I dont have to worry about magnets.I could make up some kind of toothed wheel like for ignition,just not sure where to put it.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

theconrodkid

posted on 23/11/08 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
mounted mine on the diff flange,araldited the magnets on,you have to do some calculations to take into account diff ratio but it worked in the end

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

triumphdave

posted on 23/11/08 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
mounted mine on the diff flange,araldited the magnets on,you have to do some calculations to take into account diff ratio but it worked in the end

I cant mount on the diff flange as I have a live axle,Also this version doesnt use magnets.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

COREdevelopments

posted on 23/11/08 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
i have the rx1n model, mounted 4 magnets on the prop on the gearbox side, the sensor was then mounted to the gearbox so the gap is always the same. done over 1000miles so far and still reads correct. to get the speed corect i had to divide the wheel circumference by the diff ratio.
hope this helps

rob

theconrodkid

posted on 23/11/08 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
a sprocket gap shirley equates to a magnet?its just a make and break of a magnetic field,as for the mounting,mine is a bracket bolted to the diff/casing mounting ring and looks down at the flange

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.