Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Calling the Netherlands
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 15/12/08 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Calling the Netherlands

Can anyone who lives in the Netherlands confirm whether Thomas the tank engine is a known/popular character??

[Edited on 15/12/08 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

nib1980

posted on 15/12/08 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
I think i've now seen everthing on this forum, fantastic question, and the reason would be?
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 15/12/08 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
I am sending a package of presents to a 5 year old kid who is spending Christmas in isolation with leukemia. He's from the Netherlands and is having a Stem Cell Transplant like I did.

We got him Thomas PJ's without even thinking if he would know who the hell he was

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Mave

posted on 15/12/08 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I'm from Holland and I didn't know the character. But then again, I don't have kids, and am too old to play with those toys myself, so I'm not a good reference.... But I searched on the web for you, and found several dutch sites were it can be bought, so I would say it's a known character. Maybe not as huge as Bob the Builder, but let the kid be a trendsetter. To me the character looks good enough!

I'd say the kid will like it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 15/12/08 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
I am sending a package of presents to a 5 year old kid who is spending Christmas in isolation with leukemia.

postpals? me and my girlfriend have done that this year, just sent off the parcels today

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eznfrank

posted on 15/12/08 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
If you go on google.nl and search for the name under pages from Netherlands only there are nearly 9000 pages so I assume he is known although exactly how well I'm not sure.
dr-fastlane

posted on 15/12/08 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'm from the Netherlands also, and i think i've seen Thomas the tank engine or like we call him "Thomas de trein" in a flash on television. I did some little resourche for you and came out on Wikipedia.org. It says its one of the popular programme on the dutch television. And if Wikipedia says so, it's most be right.

[Edited on 15/12/08 by dr-fastlane]

[Edited on 15/12/08 by dr-fastlane]

------------------------------
I have not failed once. I have successfully found ways that will not work!

https://www.motor-forum.nl/threads/hardtail-dragstyle-project.343482/

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 15/12/08 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
thank ever so much chaps

Liam Mc

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

maartenromijn

posted on 15/12/08 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there, I live in NL and I am father of 1 boy, 5, and 1 girl 4. I have absolutely no idea who this Thomas the tank engine or Thomas the Train is...

For your reference, I have heard of Bob the Builder and Mega Mindy

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.