Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Goodwood Breakfast Club - anyone there today?
nstrug

posted on 1/3/09 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Goodwood Breakfast Club - anyone there today?

idl1975 and I went down to Goodwood - me in his MK and he on his TRX (now with fancy upsidedown forks and massive brakes). Unfortunately, the Dax is not quite there yet...

Its the first time I've properly driven a 7 on the road and it was great fun - a couple of minor wheelspins on the way down as the roads were still drying but I was taking it very easy.

I made a complete arse of myself in the paddock at Goodwood with multiple stalls - still not used to the clutch and was too nervous of all the people standing around to give it enough revs to pull away smoothly.

There were quite a few other 7s there, including a lovely carbon Westfield turbo megablade.

The theme today was 'Minis and small sportscars' and there was a great selection of not just minis but obscure Subarus, Fiat Abarths and various hot hatches. It also served to confirm how fat and ugly the MINI is

We had a good hot breakfast care of Lord March and headed back. I was a bit more condfident with the car and did a few overtakes on the A285 and A283 - third and fouth gear are simply brilliant.

I'm still hugely lacking in confidence in the corners (the same as I was at Brands) and I think I'm taking them as slowly, or possibly even slower than I would in my 3-series.

I had an STi right up my backside through the 30 in Chiddingfold, he was quite obviously itching to overtake - the look on his face when I got to the NSL sign and gave it the full beans was priceless - there was just no way he could keep up. I hauled it in at 60 (I'm very law abiding...) and he took several seconds to catch up and overtake, obviously very cross

Does anyone know if there was an accident on the A283/285 later during the day? There was a huge number of emergency vehicles heading through Wormley to Petworth mid-afternoon.

Nick

Worzey

posted on 1/3/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I was there but didn't take the Velocity as I had the wife and kids in tow.

Highlight of the day was the trip around the track on the tractor....well thats what the kids said.

Nice selection of cars but not a patch on "Supercar Sunday".

I'll run the Velocity down next time if the weather is nice

Meeerrrk

posted on 2/3/09 at 12:10 AM Reply With Quote
really wanted to go but car is awaiting me picking it up next week. where are you based, next time maybe i could tag along as itd be better going there in convy

mark

For Sale : 2008 Aries/Stuart Taylor Motorsport Locoblade (954 Blade)

nstrug

posted on 2/3/09 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meeerrrk
really wanted to go but car is awaiting me picking it up next week. where are you based, next time maybe i could tag along as itd be better going there in convy

mark

hi Mark -

I live in Wormley as does idl1975 on the A283 between Petworth and Godalming.

Cheers,
Nick

Meeerrrk

posted on 2/3/09 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
hiya, oh right a bit out of my way, im more toward camberley.
Are you planning on doing any more, still havent been to one

For Sale : 2008 Aries/Stuart Taylor Motorsport Locoblade (954 Blade)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.