Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Veypor on Haynes with Fireblade 893
slimtater

posted on 22/3/09 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
Veypor on Haynes with Fireblade 893

Has anyone used on of these on an 893 'blade engined car?
http://www.veypor.co.uk/veypor.html

Not to be confused with the Vapour which I currently have.
It seems to be really simple and I wondered if anyone has connected in to the coil wire on a early 'blade engine - any tips appreciated. I only need a tacho and speedo (already have Bright 6 warning lights) but the wireless fuel gauge would help as well.

nitram38

posted on 22/3/09 at 05:13 AM Reply With Quote
Just got mine going on my R1 MotaLeira.
Really good piece of kit, easy to fit. I've calibrated the "virtual" tank but as I've not sva'd it yet, I've not had a chance to test it. I also have the fuel level light on my dash, just in case!
I used one of the coil packs for the tacho, but it also needed calibrating by changing the rpm multiplier setting....... it was reading too low.
The speedo pick up is via a single magnet, which is a problem if you are using a DG8 gear indicator because it needs more magnets than the veypor, 5 or 6.
I used the R1 speed sensor on the gearbox for the DG8.

ReMan

posted on 22/3/09 at 05:53 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, thats what I'm running on mine
Works great. Good value

slimtater

posted on 22/3/09 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies - it just looked so simple I was worried it was too good to be true! The Vapour I currently have is simple but isn't the most reliable.
My wiring skills are virtually nil - I don't even have a soldering iron anymore so I was interested about how to get a good connection for the tacho - no idea where I will find the original 'blade tacho wire.

bigrich

posted on 22/3/09 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Tacho wire is yellow/green from the CDi box to dash plug according to my diagram

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

nitram38

posted on 22/3/09 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
I'm using the R1 Tacho fed from the Coil because the ECU tach to dash wire may be erratic due to fault codes produced by not using the EX-UP. Not sure it is the same for the Blade, but worth thinking about.

Guinness

posted on 22/3/09 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
I've been using the Veypor dash for 3 years / 5,000 miles.

It's a brilliant bit of kit, which they support by releasing frequent software updates. All of which add levels of functionality.

Wiring is dead simple.

The "virtual" fuel gauge is pretty accurate. It took a couple of attempts to calibrate it, but once done, I've never run out of fuel in the 3 years I've been using it.

The only slight critisism is that is that there are only two buttons, so using some of the more complex features means scrolling through a lot of menus.

Cheers

Mike

slimtater

posted on 22/3/09 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
It appears that it is a very good device - the only thing it lacks is a temp gauge? Perhaps I would need to think about reinstating a warning light?
Just missed one on ebay at a very good price as well, but they have a VR2.

Guinness

posted on 22/3/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Good point. I have three additional gauges, oil temp, oil pressure and water temp.

Mike

slimtater

posted on 22/3/09 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Well I have gone and bought one for the very reasonable price of £130 including shipping from Canada. Slightly cheaper than buying them in this country.
Hopefully installation will be fairly stright forward when it arrives - just the setting up that may take some time?
Any tips?

ReMan

posted on 22/3/09 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
I've got 1 magnet set in my prop adaptor.
The tacho feed is tapped off the back of the clocks using the yellow wire. I found it easier than doing it at the coils and worked first time with these settings
circuit ------ 1
filter -------- 4
multiplier -- 5

HTH

slimtater

posted on 22/3/09 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
I've got 1 magnet set in my prop adaptor.
The tacho feed is tapped off the back of the clocks using the yellow wire. I found it easier than doing it at the coils and worked first time with these settings
circuit ------ 1
filter -------- 4
multiplier -- 5

HTH

Thanks for that - I will try and track down the tacho wire. I have now stripped off the scuttle/battery tray to get access to the loom.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19919222

slimtater

posted on 25/3/09 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
I would like some form of temp gauge - can I use the existing sender to feed into one?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.