Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best Pads for Wilwood Powerlites
Sonic7

posted on 30/3/09 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Best Pads for Wilwood Powerlites

Have recently fitted a set Wilwood Powerlite Calipers on the front with 265mm solid discs, (using ford focus discs and calipers on the rear with a wilwood dual peddle assy) they are currently fitted with a set of standard 'Smart Pads'.

I have heard that the Wilwood 'Smart Pads' are rubish and that i should spend the extra and upgrade to some Polymatrix pads but which ones ?

Has anyone out there had any experiance of these calipers/pads and can offer any advise ?

I mainly use the car for road but hope to do a little track work this year.

flak monkey

posted on 30/3/09 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I have smart pads, and they are a bit crap TBH. So I am interested in the replies here too.

They work ok, and will lock both front wheels but the efforts quite high, especially on cold brakes. Pretty good when hot though.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

grub

posted on 30/3/09 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
mintex 1144 o yes
AdamR

posted on 30/3/09 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
As above, mintex 1144 are supposed to be awesome. Anyone have a link? I can only find them for the Dynalite caliper on RD.
Andy B

posted on 30/3/09 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
We use the polymatrix 'e' pads in Tim Grays RGB Striker - he reckons they are miles better than the smart pad and as good as the pagid blues he used last season. Several of our other drivers are on the 1144's and reckon they are the mutts. I guess it comes down to personal preference but both seem to be good
regards
Andy

Sonic7

posted on 30/3/09 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grub
mintex 1144 o yes

Not sure you can get these pad that will fit the wilwood Powerlite calipers. Or can you ? and if so anyone got a Number ?

Paul (Notts)

posted on 31/3/09 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
There is a post on hear with a referance number for them. I have smart pads and they are crap. was planning to chande to the mintex but never got round to it.

bimbleuk

posted on 31/3/09 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I've recently removed the Smartpads from my Powerlites as they had no bite at all. I've fitted Mintex 1144 as they appear to have been improved from just a good road pad. Rally design have them in stock but don't list them on the website for some reason.

From my previous experience Pagids are very hard to beat especially on track but they can be over twice the cost of others. The Mintex were around £50 + P&P whe I bought them.

robv

posted on 31/3/09 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Over at wscc forum Poly A or E the thumbs up.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.