Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Silverstone service station
wheezy

posted on 6/8/09 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Silverstone service station

A quick question for those that have done track days at Silverstone before. Is there a petrol station at the circuit or will I need to take some fuel with me?
I have a track day there on the southern circuit in Sept.
Cheers
Dave

f750sgr

posted on 6/8/09 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
There is a petrol station in the paddock, but you'll need to check with the organisers whether or not it will be open. You may also need a second mortgage for their 'super' unleaded.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeCapon

posted on 6/8/09 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by f750sgr
There is a petrol station in the paddock, but you'll need to check with the organisers whether or not it will be open. You may also need a second mortgage for their 'super' unleaded.

Seconded. Take your own. It's not easy driving with two limbs missing.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 6/8/09 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi
Yep the on site station is open when the circuit is open. As said a bit pricey. Failing that there's the BP station that's on the island on approach to the circuit. No more than a mile or 2 at the most.

Cheers Matt

wheezy

posted on 6/8/09 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guy's. Ill top up before I get to the circuit and take the jerry can as well. That should last me until lunchtime.
Dave

Mark Allanson

posted on 6/8/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
I saw a driver finish his pint, leave the bar (next door), fuel his car and then compete on the track! Rescued attachment SilvFuelSml.jpg
Rescued attachment SilvFuelSml.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.