Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: Tintop - Vauxhall Astra 1.6 (X reg)
200mph

posted on 14/8/09 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
FS: Tintop - Vauxhall Astra 1.6 (X reg)

My girlfriend is selling her astra, and thought it worth putting on here (ya never know! )

It's a 2000/X reg, with appx 78k and in fantastic mechanical condition apart from 2 things (only 2 I hear you ask???)

Brakes are warped so need new discs. This is probably something to be done straight away for the buyer. There is also a little vibration at ~70mph which I think is related.

Other problem is the EGR valve which needs replaced or blanked off. This causes the engine to occassionally cut out, but (a) it restarts again immediately and (b) is apparently an easy fix.

Bodywork is good, apart from 4-5 deep scratches on a rear door (I forget which side at the moment). Would benefit from a touch up stick.

Similar cars with MOT are selling for £1300 - £1600 (this one runs until November), but my good lady is looking for £800 accepting the work needs done.

What say you?

Truth be told I think this isn't the place, so might be heading to Autotrader.... alternatively does anyone have experience of selling cars to used car garages but not as a part ex..

Any thoughts/comments welcome as always - pics can be arranged easily enough

Cheers

Mark

[Edited on 14/8/09 by 200mph]

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

franky

posted on 14/8/09 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

how many doors? any service history?

200mph

posted on 14/8/09 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
It's a 5 door, star silver with the alloys.

Service history is complete to 28/03/2007 which was the 6 year service at 63,023 miles. The 6 year service was the major one and I have a receipt for £323 for this one.

It's not been serviced since then so 1 year or 3,000 miles overdue I guess(just checked mileage is 76,000).

Thought I'd add my girlfriend is the 3rd owner, and it has a single disc (kenwood I think) CD player.

Cheers

Mark

[Edited on 14/8/09 by 200mph]

franky

posted on 14/8/09 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
cambelt etc?
200mph

posted on 14/8/09 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I think this is the same as timing belt? If so it was indeed replaced at last service.

Cheers

Mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.