Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can u believe people? They will say anything to save their skin.
nitram38

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Can u believe people? They will say anything to save their skin.

I was stationary in traffic tonight, when a women in a vauxhall zafira went down the centre chevrons from behind me to turn right at the box junction ahead.
She was so close to me that she clipped my rear wheel arch putting a dent in it.
I pulled out and followed her into the turn, hooting the hooter so she pulled up.
She got out and apologized and said "I only thought I clipped your wing mirror".
She lived up the road a bit so we drove to her house to exchange details.
Her husband came out and took pictures.
I then pointed out to him my T-Eye recorder to him and explained that along with video, it records impacts, gps location my speed and sound recording.
When I got home I reported it to my insurance company who rang the other driver.
Basically the husband is now challenging the accident and saying it is not the womans fault and that she wasn't on the chevrons.

On my video I am stationary, the gps clearly shows my location on a satellite image that I am a long way back from the box and along side the chevrons, the 3 axis impact sensor graph is in straight lines until you see my longitudinal line blip at the point of impact and it has also recorded the driver getting out of her car and coming up to my window and apologising for hitting me. The video also shows me having to pull out onto the chevrons to go up behind her to make her stop.

Me thinks she has a problem here.
Thank god for technology otherwise it would be my word against hers.

Its the second time this has paid for it's self. The first being when a copper stopped me for going through a jammed on red traffic light.

[Edited on 29/10/2009 by nitram38]

JoelP

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
camera strikes again!

Benzine

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like a great bit of kit!

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
How much and were from? I think I need one. Too many idiots around....
BenB

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Do the insurance companies reduce your premium if you have one? They should do if it reduces bogus claims against you...
tomgregory2000

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
that guy is a tosser!!

Thank god you had that fitted, sounds like a good bit of kit

omega0684

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
second plee here, where from and how much?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Toprivetguns

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
nitram, is it a Roadhawk?

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

Mr G

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
II then pointed out to him my T-Eye recorder to him and explained that along with video, it records impacts, gps location my speed and sound recording.

You guys thought about typing 't-eye' into google and seeing what results appear in the drop down box by any chance?

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

nitram38

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
T-eye ADR3000 (joutec is the company) bought from cpc farnell (cheapest I could find) £293 delivered.

CPC link

Link to manufacturer site

I had an accident in 2005, just a scrape. Other driver went through red light. Insurance couldnt agree so a judge at a county court had to decide. The other driver lied. Damage £500 Hire car £2000.
He won and I'm fairly sure his hire car reciept was probably via a mate.
I had protected bonus but it is all the hassle of going to court etc.

I just knew that because of all the driving I do in London, that it wasn't a question of if I had another accident but when.

The camera has the added bonus of calming road rage idiots and people on mobiles when I tell them they are on video.

The MotaLeira has a mounting bracket on it too

paul the 6th

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
looks like maplins have discontinued it where it was priced at £249.99 but the unit is still available at a price of £297.86 delivered from here: http://www.ktduk.com/product/t-eye_automated_driving_recorder_and_gps_system_accident_camera/

never heard of it but it looks like a really smart & compact system considering the trouble it could get you out of.... really quite impressed

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr G

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Multiples on ebay from seller calypso151 @£ 269 delivered.

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Dangle_kt

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
What are the rules on having to disclose footage etc if your at fault? Or speeding?
Ninehigh

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
What are the rules on having to disclose footage etc if your at fault? Or speeding?

If I was the opposing solicitor and I knew you had information you weren't disclosing I'd hound you until you told me why..

Nitram if that camera saves you send them a nice little letter reminding them "the camera never lies!"

nitram38

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
It comes with an interior mirror bracket, infared light for the interior, power cord and remote switch so that u can trigger the recording yourself.
Basically the camera records continously onto an sd card, time stamps each small file and automatically records over the oldest files.
When u get a sudden impact or remote switch press (u set the sensitivity) it marks the files so they are not overwritten for a minute leading up to the event and a time after (I've set mine to two minutes)
When you get home you can view the files along with a moving google map if you are connected to the internet. This can be sattelite, map or hybrid views.
Along with your speed and any G-forces on 3 axis.

JoelP

posted on 29/10/09 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
awesome piece of kit, would have saved me £750 a few years ago. Fortunately i had NCB on two policies, but that was one of them out of the window.

nitram38

posted on 29/10/09 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

I think the law says that you are not required to incriminate yourself, but lets put it this way, if you are a dangerous driver, wouldn't you like to know for yourself that you are not perfect and how badly you drive, so you can put it right?

I've noticed my own bad habits like driving one handed with the other on the gearshift.

It might also stop you from picking your nose!

Ninehigh

posted on 29/10/09 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
It might also stop you from picking your nose!

Bugger, I'm not having one then!

Mr G

posted on 29/10/09 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I've noticed my own bad habits like driving one handed with the other on the gearshift.

Your left hand I hope in a right hooker

JoelP

posted on 29/10/09 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Could it be adapted to work in a van with no rear view?

mistergrumpy

posted on 29/10/09 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
And does it take much wiring to install it?
Dangle_kt

posted on 29/10/09 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr G
quote:

Your left hand I hope in a right hooker

I hope that is a typo or that's ewww.

nitram38

posted on 29/10/09 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
Could it be adapted to work in a van with no rear view?

It also comes with an alternative bracket that sticks to the windscreen, but this makes removing the T-eye difficult (I always take it out at night) and u will have to find a way of fixing the interior infrared light yourself.

I often leave the camera running in public car parks and places where the parking is tight incase of hit and run drivers.
It uses very little power.

Installation is easy via your cigar lighter socket and it has long cables so you can route them around your windscreen under the lining if you want to

JoelP

posted on 29/10/09 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
i mean, can it be externally mounted so it can still see backwards?! It does record 360 degress doesnt it?

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 30/10/09 at 12:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
i mean, can it be externally mounted so it can still see backwards?! It does record 360 degress doesnt it?

Reading one of the websites it says "143 degree front camera and 170 degree rear camera" - though i dont know if the camera/s are seperate or have to be mounted together.

He is the list of the specs, i might have to start saving up for one of these!!

HERE

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.