Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Breakdown service?
omega0684

posted on 2/12/09 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Breakdown service?

hi guys,

which Breakdown Service people are you guys with, RAC, AA, Green Flag etc?

im after a service that will cover both my cars, the new Astra and the DAX?

Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 2/12/09 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
My missy has an account with the TSB and gets free RAC breakdown cover which is not car specific and rather handy especially when we take a car on holiday

Last used it in November when we came back from Lanzarote at 10:30 pm to find she’d left the bluebirds map light on for 10 days and the battery was totally flat half an hour later a breakdown truck arrived and we were away

[Edited on 2/12/09 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pewe

posted on 2/12/09 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Green Flag for me.
Been with them for years and the few times I've used them they were very quick to respond and service was excellent.
Unlike other rescue services they are franchised using local guys so if one is busy they simply call up the next on the list.
IIRC they offer max. 1 call-out.
Also am covered for self and SWMBO on any other vehicle driver or passenger.
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe.

Davegtst

posted on 2/12/09 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
LTSB is actually with the AA and it's not free, you pay for it in your monthly bank charge. With the AA you can either have vehicle based membership which only covers 1 car or personal based membership that covers you in any car. I'm an AA patrol BTW.

I'll u2u you my AA site that is the cheapest the AA will do.

[Edited on 2/12/09 by Davegtst]

austin man

posted on 2/12/09 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
RAC for me, the best bet is to get a policy where you are covered and not the car. Any car you are in even as a passenger is then covered.

Be aware of the free insurance that the Banks offer, they are sometimes only for raod side assist. I witnessed this a few months back AA turned up and said if we cant get you sorted you will have to arrange to get transported home as your not covered , alternatively I can convert you to full cover for a fee of ££££ at the roadside.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/12/09 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
LTSB is actually with the AA and it's not free, you pay for it in your monthly bank charge. With the AA you can either have vehicle based membership which only covers 1 car or personal based membership that covers you in any car. I'm an AA patrol BTW.

I'll u2u you my AA site that is the cheapest the AA will do.

interesting I stand corrected

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

Davegtst

posted on 2/12/09 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Depends what type of bank account you have to what cover you get. This trips alot of people up and can cost alot more than just buying the cover in the first place. For example a LTSB gold account only comes with roadside cover with the AA, this means you have to be more than 1/4 of a mile from home and we will only recover you to a local garage (within 10 miles). You can upgrade at the time of the breakdown but they will add a surcharge on top of the upgrade fee, think it's about £70. You can either upgrade your bank account or you can call the AA before you breakdown and not pay the surcharge.
Humbug

posted on 2/12/09 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Auto Aid

£37 a year, UK only but it covers you and spouse (not b/f or g/f...) for any car you drive.

It is a "pay and reclaim" service

GMPMotorsport

posted on 2/12/09 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
I can't speak highly enough of the AA, when I filled up my diesel car with unleaded they were terriffic, got me back home and have a division that cleaned out the system and got me going although you do pay for that bit.
bmseven

posted on 2/12/09 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Autonational £78.50 for two cars for 15 months roadside and recovery https://www.autonational.co.uk/join01.php

You have to be careful with some of these recovery policies as they will only take you to the nearest garage!

[Edited on 2/12/09 by bmseven]

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

Dangle_kt

posted on 2/12/09 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I'm with rac, via Barclays and whilst it isn't "free" it is lumped in with a load if other nice perks I use for about 15 quid a month.

It's very good and they will recover me from landsend to john a groats if I needed it. Used them loads of times, including on my motorbikes when I've had an issue.

DM

posted on 2/12/09 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
ADAC
tegwin

posted on 2/12/09 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
RAC here... We buy family cover... means that we are all covered..

I have called them out a number of times for various cars... they are currently changing my sisters wheel (silly girl cant do it herself!)

They also offer an accident recovery service as part of it... so when my sister (yes the same one) crashed, they towed her home for free.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

wheelfelloff

posted on 2/12/09 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for the AA here, they cover the whole family (expensive) and any car anywhere. As far as I know (haven't used it) we don't even have to be driving the vehicle we are in when it breaks down. They have rescued us in a variety of cars Westfield, Lotus, Volvo (twice?), Vauxhall and Ford of course, never taken longer than 35 minutes to turn up and always got us going or home quickly. I should moan about the cost but as long as I keep getting what I pay for, I won't.

Best regards

Keith

MikeLR

posted on 2/12/09 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
We are with Brittania Rescue,cant fault them.
Took Tiger to garage when starter ring fell off !
and could not be faulted when suspension top rocker arm broke.
I think that they came out top of some pole recently.
Mike

mcerd1

posted on 2/12/09 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
RAC for me, I've got any vehicle cover (the one that they tow the car to anyhwere in the country you like if they can't fix it)

only ever called them out once ages ago when I was in Harlow picking up my dax (400 miles from home ) - the imobliser wouldn't turn off on my dads old tranist
it took the guy an hour and a half but he got it running, I picked up the kit and got home no problem at all
(lets just say that cement + electronics isn't a good mix )

-

Danozeman

posted on 2/12/09 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Im brittania rescue. I get discount as im a member of the csma. Also got it with the kit insurance and also my bank!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

DM

posted on 2/12/09 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wheelfelloff
Another vote for the AA here

the AA man who recovered my Tiger from Llandow race track to my choice of garage back home was somewhat surprised that my ADAC policy which entitled me to that recovery was cheaper than what his own staff discount could get him direct with AA

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.