Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis on Ebay - Don't blame me!!!
russbost

posted on 29/12/09 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis on Ebay - Don't blame me!!!

Just thought I should warn you all I have put this little delight on Ebay

Ebay link

I would hate for anyone off here to buy it & be dissatisfied, even at 99p!!! - tho' I have tried my best to make it quite clear it is pretty revolting!

I will be happy to answer all "interesting" Q's posed to me via Ebay

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
TimC

posted on 29/12/09 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hate to sound serious, but I think you're doing your business no favours with that Russ.

imp paul

posted on 29/12/09 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
as he says it is a private sale so all is sweet it will make some 1 happy so let it be
Confused but excited.

posted on 29/12/09 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
That's about as honest a description as you will find anywhere and funny with it.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

BenB

posted on 29/12/09 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's quite funny And definately not the hard sell!!
designer

posted on 29/12/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think that this can be called a 'private' sale.

Car dealers who sell their cars through private ads in paper (probably don't want the buyer to know it's their trade), but they are, by law, duty bound to give the same service, as they are selling good connected with their business.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Hignett

posted on 29/12/09 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Hate to sound serious, but I think you're doing your business no favours with that Russ.

I also don't want to sound too serious, but I think I'd rather give it away to a local college or something. That way if they don't stuff it all up, they will prob come back to you for at least a bit of bodywork?

No offence intended...

Steve

TimC

posted on 29/12/09 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
ETA: In response to Designer rather than Steve.

This isn't the issue for me - its about portraying an image of a quality product and professional service.

Us Locostbuilders and people who may know Russ might not be bothered but its those who are new to the industry and product that you need to be so careful with.

If it were my business, I wouldn't sell inferior products, whether the ad is honest and humerous or not. Its just not worth it.

It will be associated with the 'normal' offering whether you like it or not.

Say the buyer turns it into a car, even if they use no other Furore parts. They then sell it listing the chassis as from Furore. A bracket that you haven't warranted then falls off. The outraged owner, not knowing the history of the car then writes something on a web forum... and you end up having to explain it all. Like it or not, you get your name dragged through the mud.

To take it to one feasible conclusion, this angry buyer may have actually come to you for a turn-key car had the car with the inferior chassis not been available at a bargain price.

Just my two penneth.

[Edited on 29/12/09 by TimC]

antonio

posted on 29/12/09 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
best and funniest description i've read so far on fleebay!
russbost

posted on 29/12/09 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ouch! Stirred up a bit of a Hornets nest there! Wasn't my intention at all. I hadn't thought of the scenario painted above which does merit some thought. I have added to the original ad to say I don't feel it is suitable to be turned into a car - more as a basis for a buggy or similar.
Re the comments regarding ownership, it has never been part of the business - it was built prior to Furore Cars ever existing & has never been owned by the company - I would hardly claim it as an asset!
In view of the above comments perhaps I should get some sort of signed disclaimer from the purchaser?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
designer

posted on 29/12/09 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
This is a delicate subject.

I hope you do make a few quid out of it, and a disclaimer would be a good idea.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 29/12/09 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
In view of how much work you have put into your business Russ, I would just bin it.
Nothing sticks like poo!
Not worth any potential damage to your rep.
All IMHO of course.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

MakeEverything

posted on 29/12/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Personally, i would have just left it as;

"Sold as seen, in need of work"

- or along those descriptions.

I wouldnt have mentioned furore at all, and if asked, i would have said "Well its an early copy" but wouldnt have mentioned the prototype and emphasising the "Never ever" bit.

It would probably make someone a good little hillclimber, and if i had the space, id probably consider it as a single seater track day car (shorten it).

Good Luck Russ.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Staple balls

posted on 29/12/09 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
What they said.

You'll not get a huge amount for it anyway, either scrap it or give it away to something eductationy.

Better off making less/no money, and getting a reputation as someone who'll bin something that's unsuitable, rather than flogging it off anyway.

Garage Clearout

posted on 29/12/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
what a load of scrap,

If it's not any good to make in to a car then why well it?

so your trying to sell a pile of scrap steel welded in to a crap design (must be otherwise you wouldn't have changed it)

Some people will really try and sell anything, why not sweep the dead shrubbery up and list that, what a pathetic thing for a company to do
smells of real desperation when a company tries selling £3's worth of rusty scrap steel for a profit

Oh and despite what you say, deep down that chassis does have something to do with your company whether you like it or not.

[Edited on 29/12/09 by Garage Clearout]

russbost

posted on 29/12/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Guys - thank you for all the genuine input - I have withdrawn the item for obvious reasons.
Shame really, had thought it might actually do someone a good turn, but in view of the potential problems, not worth the risk - was never expecting it to make anything significant anyway!

prawnabie

posted on 29/12/09 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Prob for the best Russ - imagine 18 months down the line someone god forbid dies in the car because a failed part you or the buyer may of fitted to it. The chassis would be linked to you and your company - bad press would be the least of your worries!!
JoelP

posted on 29/12/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
its worth a fiver scrap anyway, all is not lost!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

boggle

posted on 29/12/09 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
or you could give it away as a kiddies climbing frame?

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 30/12/09 at 05:05 AM Reply With Quote
Cut into piecemeal and use bits to complete other chassis....

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.