Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Buying Bike Bits from USA or ebay.com
TimC

posted on 18/4/10 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Buying Bike Bits from USA or ebay.com

Afternoon All

At some point I'm going to need to buy all the anciliaries to go with my bare 06/07 ZX-10R motor. I want to use US-spec stuff as the bikes over there don't have the immobiliser etc that the european versions use - making the wiring a lot simpler.

Who has experience of using ebay.com to import stuff? Does anyone have a breaker in the States that they recommend?

Cheers

Kwik

posted on 18/4/10 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
buying anything from the states will be hard. few reasons would be you only have pictures and a description to go by, secondly you might get hit by import tax...

you can order from ebay.com, but only if the seller is willing to ship internationally, or if you know someone in the states, ship it to them, for them to ship it to you

good luck

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thunderace

posted on 18/4/10 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
you can look at all parts at kawasaki.com
buying from the usa is not good if you ask me i have got around 30 items from the usa in the last year from ebay,import tax and handling fee, and also the item geting lost and not geting a refund as they have proof of postage .(i have had 10 items from the usa gone missing in the last 2 years one cost me £340 ,i got no comp for it .
always ask then to mark it as a gift.

designer

posted on 18/4/10 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
If your supplier can issue an invoice saying the parts are 'commercial samples' and quote a low value, such as $20, along with the line 'value for customs purposes only' then they will egt through customs without import duty.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
angliamotorsport

posted on 18/4/10 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
try track electronics, he does harnesses and would be able to provide a non immobilised ecu. google track electronics
Confused but excited.

posted on 18/4/10 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
I have had a ton of stuff from the States for a mates Bonneville. Prices are about a third they are here for classic Triumph bike bits. Not had any probs with missing parts and found even with customs and the Royal Mail ripping you off for doing the paperwork, it is still much cheaper than buying them here.
Modern bike parts are another thing. Honda CBR F2 crankcase here £65, there £14 but the shipping cost make it cheaper to buy them here.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Major Stare

posted on 18/4/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^ agreed !

Plus flights arent coming to the UK at the moment!!!

Jon "FISH"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.