Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lost finale
BenB

posted on 21/5/10 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Lost finale

So who's kept going through the entire confuse-athon that is Lost? Seriously, this big final episode better be mightly clever if it's going to answer all the questions!

1) What's with the polar bears
2) What's the Darma initiative
3) How did they get back to the Island (okay with Farraday's mum's help but actually how)
4) How is Farraday (Jr) involved in the time-travelling aspect
5) What's with the numbers? Ditto hierogyphics (sp!)

Aha. Looks what I just found

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Unanswered_questions

Not sure 2 1/2 hrs is going to be enough to answer all those questions.

I think it will just be a 2 1/2 hr single frame which says

"You crazy crazy fools watching this BS, we made it all up. But we've made billions in advertising and selling to the networks so seeyawouldn'twanttobeya"

tegwin

posted on 21/5/10 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Was all a dream.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

thegodplato

posted on 21/5/10 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately, there are many of us who are Crazy Fools and are wondering where its all leading. I haven't been on your link BenB just in case it spoils 6 years worth of watching ( I think its that long ).

Give it a year or so and they'll be back no doubt.

Maybe we'll all be even more ocnfused by then

If you've never done anything wrong, you've never done anything

pdm

posted on 21/5/10 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
if it turns out to be all a dream then I think the writers/producers better go and find their own island to get away from the disgruntled viewers !!!
BenB

posted on 21/5/10 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pdm
if it turns out to be all a dream then I think the writers/producers better go and find their own island to get away from the disgruntled viewers !!!

I think the producers already have their own islands (of the private caribbean variety) thanks to the $$$$$$

pdm

posted on 21/5/10 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
^^^ lol !!
iank

posted on 21/5/10 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Was all a dream.....

The Bobby Ewing gambit.
Though as I've never watched a single episode I can say I'm not lost at all (pun intended).

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

AndyW

posted on 21/5/10 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've followed it purley to find out where its going, I did get to the point of cant be bothered but carried on anyway, some episodes where pure brilliant but now Im sure the writers are praying they got the ending right.
eddie99

posted on 21/5/10 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
It'll make my month to hear that it was all a dream. All those friends addicted to lost for the last couple of years. Will be glad i never saw any of it lol

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Tiger Super Six

posted on 21/5/10 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
I can't think there are many still watching it that are addicted. I thought it was good to start with but to be honest its now just completing the series have watched every one apart from the 1st ever episode!

Personally, it's been sh*t for a while and I am sure the ending will be no different, but at least I stuck with it

Having a baby helped as we are stuck in anyway, if we could still have been at the pub, I know what I would have chosen!!

Mark

Tiger Avon

BenB

posted on 21/5/10 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
I just watch it because it's one of the few things on TV both my wife and I quite like watching and it's nice to spend time together. Otherwise she's watching blooming Gwok Wan (or whatever his name is) and I'm watching BTCC

As long as the ending isn't as traumatic as the end of Quantum Leap I don't mind

cd.thomson

posted on 21/5/10 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
i dont remember how quantum leap ended?

also, was ziggy the name of the computer or a lass back at the futuristic base?

Craig

AndyW

posted on 21/5/10 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
I cant remember how quantum leap ended either.......
BenB

posted on 21/5/10 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
SPOLER ALERT

"Conclusion

Throughout the series, Sam believes that God, or some other higher power, is controlling his leaps, sending him to times and places where he is needed. In the series' final episode, he encounters a mysterious bartender who insinuates detailed knowledge of Sam's "mission" and his true identity. Because this bartender (or someone who looks exactly like him – both parts played by Bruce McGill) was also present in Sam's first leap, Sam comes to believe he might actually be that higher power, though the man neither confirms nor explicitly denies this.

The bartender helps Sam remember that he built Project Quantum Leap exactly because he wanted to put right what once went wrong and makes him realize that he himself has control over his leaps. The bartender then asks Sam where he wishes to leap to next. Sam replies by saying he wishes to return home but he cannot as he still has a wrong to put right for Al, by letting his first wife Beth (Susan Diol in her second appearance in that role during the series) know that Al is still alive in a POW camp in Vietnam. Sam then promptly leaps out and does so. The show's epilogue states that Sam never returned home.

The original ending had Al's Vietnam-era picture "leaping" into a portrait of Al sitting with Beth and their four adult daughters. In the episode as broadcast, the leap effect eventually recedes into darkness and text on the screen informs the viewer, "Dr. Sam Becket never returned home." Note that "Beckett" is spelled with only a single T."

morcus

posted on 21/5/10 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't he also see someone else leap in the final episode?

Could be worse than that, they could do something like the US version of Life on Mars which the current (And last) series of Ashes to Ashes has hinted it might do the same, hopefully its just a red herring though.

Any variation of 'I woke up and it was all a dream' is the very worst thing you can do to any kind of story, it makes the whole thing pointless.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

JoelP

posted on 21/5/10 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
i gave up on lost when it went to sky. Glad i never wasted anytime on it because i know fo sho that they make it up as they go along. There are just far too many questions to tie up.

I read a book like that once, and it pi55ed me off no end.

blakep82

posted on 21/5/10 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
is that program still going?!
thats been on for about 6 years hasn't it?! never seen a single one

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

SeanStone

posted on 21/5/10 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I am keeping up with it. Download it in hd. No adverts and..HD. Great series overall. it did lose its way at times but still an awesome show. Though nowhere near as good as Dexter. That is a show n a half!
Peteff

posted on 21/5/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
I watched 10 minutes of the very first episode and lost interest. I can't see what kept it going this long.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Ninehigh

posted on 21/5/10 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
6 years? Have they not found it yet?

Now Quantum Leap that's something they could redo. Iirc he leapt into himself in the future, to find there were others doing the same things.. But I was about 14 at the time

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.