Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jamaica ?
Jon Ison

posted on 27/9/10 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Jamaica ?

Looking to go in between Christmas and new year, new destination for us, recommendations ?
Mark Allanson

posted on 27/9/10 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
The ginger cake factory?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

nick205

posted on 27/9/10 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Stay inside the resort and make sure it's all-inclusive

designer

posted on 27/9/10 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
I was there in May; BRILLIANT.

Rose hall.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 27/9/10 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

been twice now, Holiday inn, in Montego bay, all-inclusive & Sandals Ocho-Rios all inclusive again, lovely island, the horror stories about muggings & such like are just that, as with any place dont be a "tourist" and leave your brain at the airport & dont go into some the seedier spots in kingston (unless thats your thing of course)

Plenty to do, Bob Marley's Tomb on his private estate (The only legal place on the island you can smoke dope.. apparently!!!)

luminous lagoon's another good un, and of course you cant go to jamacia without going up the falls at dunns river, and if stroking croc's/alligators your thing black river cruise is good , just dont sit at the front of the bloody bus on the way there is all i can say, as the climb over the mountains in the island sees the part of the bus your sitting in hanging in mid air at some of the hairpins on the mountain pass, i still have the scars on my hand from the missus gripping on!!!

All in all if you can get good all inclusive deal your quids in, just be prepared for the "dealers" touting as soon as the doors open to get out of the arrivals lounge !!!

hobbsy

posted on 27/9/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't go to Kingston on holiday.

Depends what you want to do.

If all you want is an all-inclusive hotel and heat then its fine.

If you want to get out and about I'd consider other Caribbean islands first.

plantman

posted on 27/9/10 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
went just before xmas 2008 club hotel Riu negil FANTASTIC and the beach was even better real tropical paradise . would go again in a blink
les g

posted on 27/9/10 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
we went the spring of this year
dunns falls were great and the rum factory
but overall Jamaica is a tired and over sold island
i would not bother to hurry back there are loads of better places to go in the carribbean
i,m off to MEXICO again 4th time on Saturday a far more friendly place with a lot more to do
cheers les g

les g

posted on 27/9/10 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
we went the spring of this year
dunns falls were great and the rum factory
but overall Jamaica is a tired and over sold island
i would not bother to hurry back there are loads of better places to go in the carribbean
i,m off to MEXICO again 4th time on Saturday a far more friendly place with a lot more to do
cheers les g

Jasper

posted on 28/9/10 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Or go to Goa???

Lovely people, fantastic food (huge variety), VERY cheap, gorgeous unspoit beaches, fantastic cocktails, amazing scenery, and you can walk anywhere you want anytime you want without any risk of any trouble.

Personally I don't see why people go to places where there are warnings not to do certain things, like go into the local town/market at night, when there are so many other places that are just as cheap, just as beautiful and have friendly locals who aren't gonna knife you for your watch.

Just my 2ps

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

TimC

posted on 28/9/10 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Totally OT but my clock in the garage shows London time and Jamaica time - I kept it as a momento when the Jamaican-owned company I worked for went bust.

I've not been, but several colleagues have and enjoyed it - they were hosted by some of the islands 'Great & Good' though so might not be the best indicator.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.