Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Weather was so good today!!
Krismc

posted on 7/4/11 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Weather was so good today!!

Im glad my car is finished, had a trip out with my dad and saying as the car was clean he took a few photos.............

God i must cut them front arches down a little.

[Edited on 7/4/11 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Project7

posted on 7/4/11 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
The car looks really good

(you havent blurred the reg plate in the first photo though)

[Edited on 7/4/11 by Project7]

Daddylonglegs

posted on 7/4/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
That is one SWEET looking car

Is it a flip paint or pearlescant?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

lotusmadandy

posted on 7/4/11 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Aye,the weather was very nice today and i was stuck at work.
Still,theres always tomorrow

Car's looking good Kris.

Andy

iank

posted on 8/4/11 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Was that you driving through Rowlands Gill at about 3.45pm today?

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

James

posted on 8/4/11 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Amazing the BiB haven't pulled you with those funny plate fonts!

Very envious of those able to drive their cars!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mad-butcher

posted on 8/4/11 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Just a quick question and in no way a critisism, mine went through sva so small front arches, are yours personal choice or is that what is required for the iva. very nice car.

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krismc

posted on 8/4/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
That is one SWEET looking car

Is it a flip paint or pearlescant?

Nope just standard Gel coat, with a RAL colour code

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Krismc

posted on 8/4/11 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank

Most certinatly was, had a long trip ...left North shields 1pm, too heburn, quick blast with fellow locosters around gateshead, then picked up mate (also building a MNR) too winlaton, then through rowlands gill too moors, through stanhope and then north on a68, back onto military road to lemington and then back to wallsend the long way, via westerhope and coast road- arrived home at 6pm 1 and 1/4 tanks of fuel used lol

EDIT - had sunglasses on the whole day, just got out of showere and ive got a pink face guess this is a 7 type burn

[Edited on 8/4/11 by Krismc]

David Jenkins

posted on 8/4/11 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
That's a good looking car.

I see what you mean about the front arches though - they are just too big! Though with care, they can be trimmed into a good shape. Hopefully you still have some of the paint to make good afterwards...

iank

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
quote:

Most certinatly was, had a long trip ...left North shields 1pm, too heburn, quick blast with fellow locosters around gateshead, then picked up mate (also building a MNR) too winlaton, then through rowlands gill too moors, through stanhope and then north on a68, back onto military road to lemington and then back to wallsend the long way, via westerhope and coast road- arrived home at 6pm 1 and 1/4 tanks of fuel used lol

EDIT - had sunglasses on the whole day, just got out of showere and ive got a pink face guess this is a 7 type burn

Excellent, you probably noticed me (silver mondeo ) Good driving route in the good weather Must actually start on a fun car again once the house move is out of the way (and I have a decent sized garage hopefully)

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Krismc

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
That's a good looking car.

I see what you mean about the front arches though - they are just too big! Though with care, they can be trimmed into a good shape. Hopefully you still have some of the paint to make good afterwards...

Its not painted, its just a gelcoat

Krismc

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
quote:

Excellent, you probably noticed me (silver mondeo ) Good driving route in the good weather Must actually start on a fun car again once the house move is out of the way (and I have a decent sized garage hopefully)

Oh yea of course, quite rare them silver mondeos

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
mudguards are the safest I've ever see! no danger of dragging poor pedestrians under your wheels like them

[Edited on 9/4/11 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krismc

posted on 9/4/11 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
mudguards are the safest I've ever see! no danger of dragging poor pedestrians under your wheels like them

[Edited on 9/4/11 by Mr Whippy]

Thanks.

im going at them with the grinder today, saying as my dremal decided too die

adithorp

posted on 9/4/11 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
I think MNR supply them like that. If you have them long rather than cutting them down it's supposed to reduce the lift they cause. I read somewhere that at something like 100mph there's something like 50kg lift per wing. Thats from my very poor memory so don't hold me to that; It could be bo***cks.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Krismc

posted on 10/4/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Im thinking of putting vents in the top back side of the arches to reduce drag as per kit car mag wind tunnel testing.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.