Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt Rolling Road Tuning
prelude1980

posted on 28/4/11 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt Rolling Road Tuning

Hi,

Just got the MOT ready for the summer but i want to get the car setup properly on a rolling road. I found M-tech Automotive that are fairly local to me but have read lots of bad reviews on them but equally some good too.

Other than heresay does any one have first hand experience of these people?

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what
gets you.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/dodd1980

BaileyPerformance

posted on 29/5/11 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prelude1980
Hi,

Just got the MOT ready for the summer but i want to get the car setup properly on a rolling road. I found M-tech Automotive that are fairly local to me but have read lots of bad reviews on them but equally some good too.

Other than heresay does any one have first hand experience of these people?

I used to buy all my ECUs form them, no problem, but never used them for tuning as i have my own dyno!
Can i offer my services? www.baileyperformance.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prelude1980

posted on 29/5/11 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Where are you based?
coyoteboy

posted on 31/5/11 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
BP - what sort of time do you usually suspect it takes to create a nice tune from a driveable base map? Do you take it back to basics and go from there or do you work from the position already supplied (if it looks ok)? Many places I checked said they didn't like MS and would strip it back to 0's and work from there, looking for ~5+ hours road time.
vinny1275

posted on 31/5/11 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Where are you based?

By the address on his website, Telford...

I've got my car booked in at M-Tech next week, I'll give you a review after that if you like....

They've been pretty good so far - they reckon it's an afternoon's worth of time for an N/A car, whatever the base map is - as long as it starts and runs with no mechanical problems.

Cheers

Vince

BaileyPerformance

posted on 31/5/11 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
BP - what sort of time do you usually suspect it takes to create a nice tune from a driveable base map? Do you take it back to basics and go from there or do you work from the position already supplied (if it looks ok)? Many places I checked said they didn't like MS and would strip it back to 0's and work from there, looking for ~5+ hours road time.

Hi,
It takes most of the day to tune a car properly, but if the map is close then a couple of hours on the dyno normally does it.
One thing i will say is all the MS installs i have seen (20+ to date) normally require the wiring "tidying up" before we start tuning, as i'm sure you are aware MSs can be sensitive to power and grounding issues. For this reason i normally on book 1 car in per day, with a one off cost to sort it 100% whatever the problems are (summing the engines OK!), we have stock MS ECUs, coilpacks, sensors, EDIS so everything is to hand. When we are finished the car will be mapped spot on. Total cost £250.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prelude1980

posted on 31/5/11 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275
quote:
Where are you based?

By the address on his website, Telford...

I've got my car booked in at M-Tech next week, I'll give you a review after that if you like....

They've been pretty good so far - they reckon it's an afternoon's worth of time for an N/A car, whatever the base map is - as long as it starts and runs with no mechanical problems.

Cheers

Vince

DOH being blind again LOL

If you wouldn't mind giving a review that'll be very helpful

Ta

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what
gets you.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/dodd1980

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.