Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Weld on ali neck and cap, well just the cap!
a4gom

posted on 25/5/11 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Weld on ali neck and cap, well just the cap!

Ok guys can anyone assist, I had a tank made last year and we used one of the weld in neck and caps from ebay.
Like a right ding bat I didn't put the cap back on properly at Harewood the other week and it's now somewhere round Harewood buried in the grass. I spent an hour or so looking but didn't find it.
Needle in a haystack!!!

I can't find them on ebay now and can't find out who it was selling them, did anyone else buy one?

I've tried a few others but not found anything which matches so far so need to try and get one from the same supplier. If anyone has any contact details or knows who it was please can you let me know.

Alternatively if there are any clever engineer types out there, the thread is pretty close to 1.5"BSP but not close enough what else is there in that range that I could try?

Cheers
Andy

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

mistergrumpy

posted on 25/5/11 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Is Alloy Tank Filler Neck & Cap 1.85' ID Weld on Aluminium | eBay UK
Motorsport Tools - Alloy Tank Filler Neck & Cap 1.85' ID Weld on Aluminium
what you're after? The seller does other sizes too.

blakep82

posted on 25/5/11 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
on ebay you can look at your feedback from years and years ago. mine goes back to 2005 i think, maybe earlier.
try that to find the guy you bought from. probably the best way to make sure you get the same thread. i hate trying to find the right thread on stuff... its a bit of a nonsense trying to get it to show it, but it can be done

or is one of these nearer?
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/FUEL-CAPS-Screw-Caps/c22_151/index.html

there's a 1.5, 1.3/4, and a 2" cap, but whether they'll just sell you the cap i don't know.

or try alloyracingfabrications.co.uk he should be able to sort you out

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

a4gom

posted on 25/5/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the replies guys

@Mrgrumpy, not that one but their 1.5"ID one could be it, I've been emailing them today but I'm waiting for an answer back about the sizes. Apparently none of his pitch guages fit.

@blakep82, I didn't buy the neck, Martin Keenan did, he's a bit out of sorts at the moment so I don't want to bother him too much. I think the cap looks too deep in the merlin pic.

I hadn't thought about feedback as I hadn't bought it but I've just trawled through a few of the sellers on ebay and found a purchase by martin just about the time he was making my tank so i've ordered one. fingers crossed.

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.