Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: O/T Selling old games and games machine
a4gom

posted on 24/6/11 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
O/T Selling old games and games machine

Kids are near as dam it 100% xboxer's now, the Wii gets a look in now and then, thinking about it it's still in a bag since we took it to a party at xmas!. The PS2's are now forgotten.

Don't ask me why but we appear to have 1 sliver, 1 black original and 1 slimline black. I believe they are all chipped but would have to check and one has a small hard drive in the back with a network adaptor. We probably have about 60-70 games!!! a set of mic's a steering wheel or maybe two? and an eye toy camera :p

Anyway back to the point I appreciate these are pretty much out of date now so probably not worth much but I'd like to get as much money as possible from them. Some of the games will be less than 12 months old and could even still have the cellophane on!

There would appear to be a few ways of getting rid:

Ebay is the obvious one but people want stuff for nowt then you get hit with the charges for selling and paypal.

There are a number of games shops on the high street which will buy them; game, gamestation etc

There also seems to be quite a few trade in sites on the web; music magpie, trade your stuff, swap game etc

Anyone done any comparisons to know the best place to sell?
Have I missed anywhere?

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

pdm

posted on 24/6/11 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Funnily enough I've just put an old Xbox on ebay and my missus was saying about music magpie !!

I'm not going for the music magpie though as their terms and conditions state:

No scratches on disk - light scratches ok
All docs in the box
box undamaged - light damage ok

But then underneath that it says they judge them when they arrive - if they deem them too scratched or damaged, they reserve the right not to accept them.

fair enough I hear you cry.....

They wont pay you or send them back though.

i suspect an awful lot of people post off their games never to receive cash or their game returned

I took them in to a shop a while ago and if you are trading for something else you make a few pounds - but if you ask to sell them outright you get next to nothing.

so for me its ebay - probably won't get much for 'em but it might put a smile on the face of a kid who is a bit more disadvantaged than mine

morcus

posted on 24/6/11 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
As above, it's normally only worth trading in store if you put it towards anything else. That said it's far better to do it in person as they'll say yes or no to your face and you don't have any messing around.

Sometimes you can actually make a profit. My Brother has had four copies of Oblivion on the 360, everyone bought preowned, everyone sold to a shop for more than he paid for it buy about £5 a time.

Best bet I'd say is classified type adds, have someone come around and pay you in cash.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 24/6/11 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
You aren't going to get much for them either way, most games shops will have no interest in a PS2, they're a decade old now.

I'd try you're luck on a ebay selling it all as a massive collection, I have done this in the past and often you get two or threee people who want a specific but different thing from the collection and will bid high for the whole lot.

I sold a load of old RC stuff and two people who wanted different odd bits (a Clod Buster body and an XR311 chassis) bid the whole lot up to a frankly ridiculous £253 just to get the bit they wanted, it was all probably worth less than £150 as seperate bits and it saved the hassle of multiple sales.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Ninehigh

posted on 25/6/11 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
What Wii games have you got?

a4gom

posted on 25/6/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry bud, post wasn't very clear it's the ps2 stuff thats on it's way, wii is staying for the moment although that may change.

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

Ninehigh

posted on 25/6/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ah ok no problems
My bad for misreading

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.