Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Exhaust advice
Lightybob

posted on 7/8/11 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Exhaust advice

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new performance exhaust for my Locost 7. the engine is a Burton tuned 1300 Crossflow.

Does it need to have a heat shield for the SVA test?

Does anybody have experience/ advice on the best system?

I was looking at the CCR Chromerzone system from Europa, cost is approximately £250-£300,

I would like to do Hillclimbs, sprints and track days, the car is booked for SVA test on the 8th sept so it needs to comply.

Thanks David

Arthur T wareing

posted on 7/8/11 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
hi I have a 4into2into1 from a westfield I think its stainless as magnets don't stick it fouls the diagonal on my STMS and aries take it over the top rail so I have decided to make my own If you live within easy traveling distance you are welcome to try it for fit. Regards Arthur
Lightybob

posted on 7/8/11 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust advice

Thanks Arthur

I have a 4-2-1 manifold it's the silencer that I am looking for,

Thanks David

scoop

posted on 7/8/11 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Where are you?
Lightybob

posted on 7/8/11 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Leeds, Monk Fryston
Peteff

posted on 7/8/11 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
It doesn't need a heat shield. If you are going for IVA soon I would fit a nice quiet standard silencer to the car then look at a performance exhaust after you've passed.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Lightybob

posted on 7/8/11 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I thought about doing that, my present exhaust has a small split in the silencer and the tail pipe is does not have a radius

on the end, I thought that I might be able to have that welded, together with the correct radius on the end of the pipe. Is it

not possible to purchase a performance system that would improve performance and still conform to the IVA standards?

Thanks David

Ninehigh

posted on 7/8/11 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lightybob
Is it not possible to purchase a performance system that would improve performance and still conform to the IVA standards?

Thanks David

The two aren't necessarily inclusive.

For example IVA standards require a reverse gear, which bec gearboxes do not have. I'm not entirely familiar with the alternative used but I've heard they sap performance and thus "fall off" after the IVA..

Use a crappy quiet one for IVA then it complies, and it still complies when it "falls off" and is replaced with a performance one

franky

posted on 7/8/11 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lightybob
Yes I thought about doing that, my present exhaust has a small split in the silencer and the tail pipe is does not have a radius

on the end, I thought that I might be able to have that welded, together with the correct radius on the end of the pipe. Is it

not possible to purchase a performance system that would improve performance and still conform to the IVA standards?

Thanks David

Of course it is however you're better off getting one made to suit your car.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.