Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wiring ecu related
KECHICHE

posted on 12/8/11 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
wiring ecu related

Hi guys i have called eddie99 about wiring loom for my locost its not a problem of doing it but the ecu is, he advise me that the original ecu will be to difficule to pass through the security as taking imoboliser off, i am running the ford focus 1.8 zetec engine 51plate black top, eddie99 was saying i need defferent ecu after market one .dont know wish one to go for inless i decode a ford focus ecu but i dont have one. pls advise on easy option. i feel im going backward now because of what eddie said,thanks.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carlknight1982

posted on 12/8/11 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Microsquirt? Mega squirt? Would prob be cheapest

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

eddie99

posted on 12/8/11 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
As i said on the phone, i'd recommend omex or emerald ECU's, a lot more rolling roads are happy to tune them as this isn't the case with megasquirt. And i don't think its worth the hassle making a ford ecu work.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ChrisW

posted on 12/8/11 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
You could switch to an older 1.8 Zetec ECU from a silver top that doesn't have the complication of an immobiliser. The engine will run perfectly well on that ECU, just make sure you get the one from the correct power output. There were 105ps, 115ps and 130ps versions of the silver top.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 12/8/11 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
As i said on the phone, i'd recommend omex or emerald ECU's, a lot more rolling roads are happy to tune them as this isn't the case with megasquirt. And i don't think its worth the hassle making a ford ecu work.

Go on then tell us why ?

KECHICHE What are you looking for from your engine.

Max horspower, nothing elts maters.

or

Good power, good drivability, and LOCOST

If I could only get the transport sunday to show you what the ford stuff will do Eddie.

big_wasa

posted on 12/8/11 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
You could switch to an older 1.8 Zetec ECU from a silver top that doesn't have the complication of an immobiliser. The engine will run perfectly well on that ECU, just make sure you get the one from the correct power output. There were 105ps, 115ps and 130ps versions of the silver top.

Chris

Chris the Pats is no big deal. With using the pre pats ecu on a black top I have found you get a flatspot due to differant Tps values.

keithometune

posted on 12/8/11 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
can someone like ATP electronics not remove the immobiliser function from the ecu, i have had this done on rover ones in the past
keith

franky

posted on 12/8/11 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Can't you use it with the security stuff in place still? Those in the BMW revolution do and they've got matched keys/barrels/ecus/readers.
big_wasa

posted on 12/8/11 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Yes you can Franky.

Its thatcham approved so you cant just bypass it. It works well so why would you.

vid

Doesnt run great as it was just a test and there are minimal sensors atached.

KECHICHE

posted on 12/8/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for all this guys but i did not realy think about how many bhp out of the engine just getting it toghether for a start as i dont have any wiring anyway.

big_wasa check ur u2u.

big_wasa

posted on 12/8/11 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
no u2u here
eddie99

posted on 12/8/11 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I might be wrong but is it possible to map on the original ford ECU? Ford made that map for a heavy car with a different air intake and a different exhaust.... These all make a huge difference towards the mapping required for the car. I am happy to be proven wrong but when i looked at using the original Ford ECU, it seemed extremely complicated which then makes the omex and the likes worth their value. No complication and ultimate mapping..... If you're going to the effort of spending so much time and effort on the car, surely you want it to drive at its full potential????

As i said on the phone, if your under a complete budget and are happy to solve the issues of using the ford ecu then go for it, but personally i think the £600 is well spent on an Omex system!

And i never said it was locost because it certainly isn't....

Anyway prove me wrong big_wasa and i got the feeling that the original poster wanted a kit that just worked rather than the hassle

[Edited on 12/8/11 by eddie99]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
franky

posted on 13/8/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Yes you can Franky.

Its thatcham approved so you cant just bypass it. It works well so why would you.

vid

Doesnt run great as it was just a test and there are minimal sensors atached.

Piece of mind too then I like the fact you can't start the car without a key. Can you reset the adaptation values on the ford ecu?

Sounds like you could set up a nice little side line making looms to run standard ford ecus.

KECHICHE

posted on 18/8/11 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys if i manage to run the engine with the original ecu will it pass the iva emission test ? thanks Alex
eddie99

posted on 18/8/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Alex,
Blacktop zetec with original ford throttle body and ford ecu should pass IVA. Only difference is yesterday on the phone you said with bike t.b.'s.

BaileyPerformance

posted on 18/8/11 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KECHICHE
Hi guys i have called eddie99 about wiring loom for my locost its not a problem of doing it but the ecu is, he advise me that the original ecu will be to difficule to pass through the security as taking imoboliser off, i am running the ford focus 1.8 zetec engine 51plate black top, eddie99 was saying i need defferent ecu after market one .dont know wish one to go for inless i decode a ford focus ecu but i dont have one. pls advise on easy option. i feel im going backward now because of what eddie said,thanks.

Hi, we do complete megasquirt conversions to any engine, have a look at www.baileyperformance.co.uk.

If you would like to install a megasquirt yourself any advise you require is free! ;-)

big_wasa

posted on 18/8/11 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KECHICHE
Hi guys if i manage to run the engine with the original ecu will it pass the iva emission test ? thanks Alex

Yes I have had one through iva.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.