Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mot Certificate
jacko

posted on 7/11/11 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Mot Certificate

http://www.carmastergarage.com/blog/29-new-style-mot-certificate-love-them-or-hate-them
What do you think to the new MOT certificate ?
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 7/11/11 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Cost cutting by VOSA, the old certificates were supplied by VOSA but the test station has to supply the nplain paper for the new ones
r1_pete

posted on 7/11/11 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Its not like you need to produce them what with online records, but, it would seem to make it easier for the sell and dissapear crooks to fake.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_gsxr

posted on 7/11/11 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Its not like you need to produce them what with online records, but, it would seem to make it easier for the sell and dissapear crooks to fake.

Don't you still present when you get a tax-disc at the post office?

I think this is sad.
After a tough battle to pass the MOT you deserve a "certificate", not just a form.

snakebelly

posted on 7/11/11 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
got one of these when we mot'd our rebuilt ttransit last month, its cack! And no you dont need to present either mot or insurance at the post office unless either is very very recently obtained its all done online, but bizzarly enought you need both to tax at a VOSA office becuase they dont have the online checking facility that the post office does....go figure.
Neil P

posted on 7/11/11 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
But you can now go online and see the MOT status of the car so no cert needed and I'm not sure how a crim would fake that.

Neil

Peteff

posted on 7/11/11 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Cost cutting by VOSA, the old certificates were supplied by VOSA but the test station has to supply the nplain paper for the new ones

And they have to buy toner cartridges for the supplied printer as well.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

austin man

posted on 7/11/11 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
I remember when an MOT actually looked like it had a value a true certificate. All down to penny pinching. Amazing how they can waste huge sums of money on expenses trips abroad, and they end up focusing on a bit of paper. No wonder the countries in the sh1T

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

adithorp

posted on 8/11/11 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
I remember when an MOT actually looked like it had a value a true certificate.

That was the problem though. The certificate was the MOT and there was no other proof, so stolen certificates had huge black market value and there very difficult to check if the car had a real MOT or not. The less official the reciept looks the more likely people are to check it.

...but yes, it looks crap and I feel embarrased giving it to customers. Oddly though not one of them has had a problemwith it.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

loggyboy

posted on 8/11/11 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
[sarcasm]Care....[/]

Simple fact is as long as my car is legal I dont care if I have a framed certificate with a seal and signature from VOSA, a printed bit of plain paper or (what im sure will eventually happen) nothing at all except a verbal confirmation that the online status of my MoT.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.