Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: plasma cutters
fazerruss

posted on 26/12/11 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
plasma cutters

Morning all, ive been a good boy this year so santa brought me some pennies and I quite fancy a plasma cutter for awkward cutting jobs ect and I found these on ebay and wondered if anyone has one and what they think in terms of quality, reliability ect?

I also have a big tig welder bought off a fellow locoster and as you can buy tig/plasma/mma machines in one I wondered if you can buy the kit to use a tig as a plasma cutter. Because my tig is a big old wire wound transformer machine it would be more reliable/powerfull than an inverter so this would be my prefered option.

PLASMA CUTTER CUT 50 OVER DUAL VOLTAGE 110/240 | eBay

PLASMA CUTTER CUT 40 OVER 3000 SOLD | eBay

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

RichardK

posted on 26/12/11 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
I would buy one from mike at cut40, you know the bloke who fixEd my faulty welder,incidentally those two link are the seller that sold me my faulty tig.if you search on here for tig and my username you should ge mikes contact details.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 26/12/11 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
I would buy one from mike at cut40, you know the bloke who fixEd my faulty welder,incidentally those two link are the seller that sold me my faulty tig.if you search on here for tig and my username you should ge mikes contact details.
Cheers
Rich

I think the Cut-40 site has been taken off line as it is always under repair and the two Mikes are now at plasmapart. I read of a few people who have used them and they get nothing but praise so far.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

froggy

posted on 26/12/11 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
had my cut 40 for 5 years and the best thing i did was buy the longer tips so i can use a simple guide that the tip sits in for good straight cuts on 5-8mm plate . trying to cut 8mm is a bit hit and miss but with the guide holding the tip at a constant angle i get a pretty square edge

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

Uphill Racer

posted on 28/12/11 at 12:52 AM Reply With Quote
I went there with a mate, he bought a plasma cutter from there as it was 1/2 the price of replacing the faulty part of his 3 phase plasma unit.
He was well pleased with it, been back and got a TIG welder from him too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.