Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blyton 15th April
madteg

posted on 10/4/12 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Blyton 15th April

Just noticed that there is an Ariel Atom signed up and a lot of other fast cars should be a good day. Hope its dry.
yozza

posted on 11/4/12 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
I am sure it will be a good day. I went last week and although it poured down all day it was still brilliant. Loads of run off area and a double apex that you can play with. The owner Richard is very helpful, Javelin were very good also. It is about 10 mins to the nearest garage selling super unleaded so remember to fill up. Enjoy yourself!
Joe

jossey

posted on 11/4/12 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
there has been 2 atoms the last few times ive been.

Was impressed with the two guys in the clio's they seemed to be the best on the track last time. they seemed to be the only ones with the lead right foot anyway :O)

Icve just bought a saxo VTS which imgonna do up while im stuck with the tiger and go play with that...

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alfa145

posted on 11/4/12 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Can't wait for it, popping my track cherry on the 15th

Some nice kit signed up for it. Praying for dry weather or I'd better drill a hole in the floor to drain out the rain

Anyone know if there's covered parking there?

yozza

posted on 11/4/12 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, there a huge undercover parking area (an old grain store). There is also a burger van selling food and drinks. Loads of space outside as well as meeting/ control building. The track is all brand new tarmac, the only armco is along the straight with plenty of run off into grassed areas.
Joe

Andy D

posted on 14/4/12 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Shall be there in the afternoon with my son's Honda Civic. No 67. Weather's looking OK, a bit cold I expect.
jossey

posted on 14/4/12 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Signed up as a passenger tomorrow if a few will let me ride along on a few laps in your cars please????

Cheers dave j
Will be wearing big wolly cream jumper.

Thanks

David Johnson

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nickp

posted on 14/4/12 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
Signed up as a passenger tomorrow if a few will let me ride along on a few laps in your cars please????

Cheers dave j

No probs mate. Our old MR2 might be a bit slow compared to some of the kit that's signed up though!!

adithorp

posted on 14/4/12 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Cheers dave j

Can't help this week but I'll be there next Sat (21st) if you want that ride I promised last year and failed to deliver.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

jossey

posted on 15/4/12 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks adi, it was me I only stayed for a few hours so missed out. Was good to meet you at last. I'll be there on 21st hopefully in new saxo vts as my tiger isn't going to be going till late summer.

Nick mr2 sounds fun :-) cheers.

More the better I love being in ransoms cars it gets your heart beating lol

[Edited on 15/4/12 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Nickp

posted on 15/4/12 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
What a mad day!! Great morning, mixing it with a 370Z and various other expensive / exotic cars and the old MR2 went great guns in the dry and really held it's own First session after lunch there was the mother of all hail storms, so bad the whole track was coated in a layer of ice!! Then it rained and hailed on and off for the rest of the afternoon which put a real dampener on the afternoon session
Best car of the day for me was a ratty looking old Citroen AX. Went to talk to them as it was pretty much the only thing to pass us in the dry morning session. Turns out it had a 1600 16v in it with 160BHP and weighed only 650kg!! No wonder it was passing nearly everything with its slicks on.

jossey

posted on 15/4/12 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Was good to see you at the track.

I went just before it started to hail was a mad one. Good to see a few nice cars. I met mark from mac#1 really nice guy. Met I think it was Richard who had a zx10 mac1 which was nuts fast and sounded awesome.

I've been home stripping my gearbox to put a new one in and making a new air box and then relaxing after hitting my hand with the clutch removal tool thought it best I leave it before smashing It into small
Parts.

:-)

Thanks

David Johnson

femster87

posted on 15/4/12 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Jossey, I was there all morning, How come I did not see you?
laptoprob

posted on 15/4/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Was good to see you at the track.

I went just before it started to hail was a mad one. Good to see a few nice cars. I met mark from mac#1 really nice guy. Met I think it was Richard who had a zx10 mac1 which was nuts fast and sounded awesome.

I've been home stripping my gearbox to put a new one in and making a new air box and then relaxing after hitting my hand with the clutch removal tool thought it best I leave it before smashing It into small
Parts.

:-)

Didn`t even know Mark was going! What colour MAC#1 was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

Andy D

posted on 16/4/12 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Was a funny old day yesterday! We drove down in the morning in glorious sunshine. Pete went out first thing in the afternoon to get his three sighting laps in. (No passenger seat) He got three clear laps before anyone else was out. I wasn't so lucky. It started to rain, and there were a few other cars on track to watch out for. I dont think I really got the hang of the circuit, so left the bulk of the driving to my son.
The car ran spot on all afternoon.. there seemed to be bags of grip even in the worst of the weather.

Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone.. it wasn't really a strolling round the paddock sort of day, was it!

Took a few pics:

Just noticed the funny old tyre combinations on the Atom.

The rest of them are on Photobucket HERE

Andy D

posted on 17/4/12 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
And a bit of video, first session in the afternoon.

Blyton park in a Civic

Alfa145

posted on 17/4/12 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
And the V8 Westfield in the morning before he blew his brake servo up.

V8 Westie YouTube Linky

[Edited on 17/4/12 by Alfa145]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.