Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Warning - Tax refund scam
designer

posted on 5/5/12 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Warning - Tax refund scam

Received this scam:

quote:

Following an upgrade of our computer systems and review of our records we have investigated your payments and latest tax returns over the last seven years our calculations show that you have made over payments of GBP 1578.25 Due to the high volume of refunds due you must complete the online application, the telephone help line is unable to assist with this application. In oder to process your refund you will need to complete the application form attached to this email.Your refund may take up to 6 weeks to process please make sure you complete the form correctly. NOTE: If youve received an Income Tax repayment it will either be following a claim youve made or because HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has received new information about your taxable income or entitlement to allowances. The refund may come through your tax code or as a payment and could relate to the current tax year or earlier years.. An Income Tax repayment is a refund of tax that youve overpaid. So, if youve paid too much tax for example through your job or pension this year or in previous years HMRC will send you a repayment. Youll get the repayment by bank transfer directly to your credit or debit card.

_________________________________________________ Copyright © 2012, HM Revenue Customs UK All rights reserved.

I haven't paid tax in UK for years!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locost47

posted on 5/5/12 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
I must get between 5 & ten scam mails a day ranging from every bank through to pay pal & of course my favourites my special friends in africa that want to share millions with me
morcus

posted on 5/5/12 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
thats been about for awhile.

Does anyone fall for this kind of thing?

Latest spam I get is loads of videos about 'cheapest place to buy iphones'.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Ninehigh

posted on 5/5/12 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
The only people that legitimately email me is this site and the odd newsletter (and my mum)

Any bank, company or government organisation do not have my email (even if I gave it to them)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.