Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rear needle bearings for m45
Craigorypeck

posted on 4/4/13 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
rear needle bearings for m45

where can i get these? they are possibly open ended as the casting hasnt got a hole to the back to drive out and possibly driven out like a bearing in a flywheel bearing?. m45 is from a clk merc, the later type that uses the m45 not earlier m62 with mag clutch. charger has got really noisy! cheers
rdodger

posted on 5/4/13 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Try this guy
SUPERCHARGER REFRESH PARTS EATON M62,M90 AND M112 | eBay

I have heard that you can destroy the casing trying to get the bearing out. Others say it can be done. I haven't tried.

Are you sure it is the needle bearing not the nose bearing? Is the gearbox full of oil? Has the plastic coupler worn?

It is rare for them to need to be replaced but oil and coupler are often replaced.

Craigorypeck

posted on 5/4/13 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
that company is in the states. looking for something closer to home if possible.
There is no oil on the rotors and the front end had new oil and coupling when put on.
Stethoscope suggests the noise is nearer the back of charger, I used bog standard grease on the rears so presume it has melted and the bearings are shot.

rdodger

posted on 5/4/13 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Ah right. The grease for the needle bearings should be high temp thick stuff. I think people in the past have used CV grease.

You could try Bennett racing

http://www.bennettracing.co.uk/#/supercharger-roots/4525194989

I have used the seller in the US and got good, fast service.

mark chandler

posted on 5/4/13 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, special grease required for the needle bearings so you probably have ruined them . These things spin very quickly so very high quality required suitable for the application.

Needle bearings are i believe an eaton only supply unfortunately, cannot help on removal as never attempted it on a S/C.

On needles in crank ends I used to pack with grease and press a tightly fitting rod in the middle to hydraulic them out but cast iron is more forgiving.

[Edited on 5/4/13 by mark chandler]

[Edited on 5/4/13 by mark chandler]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.