Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: loosing motivion :(
tompat3463

posted on 28/4/13 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
loosing motivion :(

summer is upon us, I am very busy at work and I would really love to get my mini back on the road.

im literally days from gettiung the shells welding finished nut I literally just cant get enough motivation to get in the garage and finish the welding.

Im not sure why..

once the welding is finishedts supposed to be the run bit of assembling the car ect.

need some tips to get me going again (

BenB

posted on 28/4/13 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Personally when this happened to me I just relaxed and came back to the build when the motivation came back. It is supposed to be fun after all Then again I'm possibly the slowest builders in the entire planet as a result
richardm6994

posted on 28/4/13 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Whenever I loose motivation, I spend a few hours (or a day) giving the workshop a dam good tidy-up and that never fails to gt me going again.

tegwin

posted on 28/4/13 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richardm6994
Whenever I loose motivation, I spend a few hours (or a day) giving the workshop a dam good tidy-up and that never fails to gt me going again.

THIS!!!

Or go for a drive in someone elses car to remind you why you are slaving away!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

bob

posted on 28/4/13 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Getting out to a local meet for an hour or two always did the trick with me, just seeing other cars and chatting about the owners builds would get you itching to get back in the garage.

Ninehigh

posted on 28/4/13 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Whereabouts are you? This forum has never been short of volunteers to take people on a jolly

blakep82

posted on 28/4/13 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Personally when this happened to me I just relaxed and came back to the build when the motivation came back. It is supposed to be fun after all Then again I'm possibly the slowest builders in the entire planet as a result

OOh I don't know, I'm 10 years in now...
Either just take a step back from it for a week or two, or just go and look at it and tidy up the garage a bit.
They work for me. Atm, I think the pickup looks like it'll never be done. Not even looked at it in weeks, but I've been waiting for other people to get stuff done for me, next week I'll probably be mega excited by it all.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scudderfish

posted on 28/4/13 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
I stuck a whiteboard up and listed everything on it. Very satisfying to wipe things off, and even if progress is not visible on the car, it is visible on the list.
corrado vr6

posted on 28/4/13 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
I find it helps to just say right this weekend I'm not going to go out the garage or work on cars etc I generally find myself then browsing the interweb for nice shinty car bits which gets me focused again and gets me thinking again as to what I wanna do! This then usually means by the following weekend I wanna work on the cars again

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

theduck

posted on 28/4/13 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Tidy up always help. That and bolting bits on to make yourEld feel like you are achieving something, even if its only a dummy fit.
big_wasa

posted on 28/4/13 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
I've had all day playing in the garage but I haven't touched the locost in an age.

My problem is I have no motivation to pay the iva for something I will use so little. I would much sooner make something elts ...

HowardB

posted on 28/4/13 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
I have seen the dust cover over the car from a distance, and this weekend I have finally got round to doing something. I have spent the time wiring in the lights, indicators, fan and horn. Ok nothing spectacular, but in each instance there is something to be seen or in the case of the horn heard. Great motivation. I have also wired the ecu, almost in the single hope that I can get an engine start this week! Fingers crossed!

Good luck with the motivation, this place is great for guidance and help

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

EX01

posted on 30/4/13 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Spend as much time with the wife or girlfriend as possible, sooner or later you will be dieing for an excuse to get away

The beauty of a build is not the build or the drive when it’s done, it’s the sneaking the funds slowly past the wife as she remains blissfully unaware!

HowardB

posted on 30/4/13 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
this has made me focus more on the build,

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=181097

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

BenB

posted on 30/4/13 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
A visit from Chuck Norris might help? Just a thought.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.