Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Router configuration
Greenie

posted on 29/4/13 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Router configuration

My network provider is Talk Talk which I am using a Netgear hub for connection, although I believe this may be faulty, I still have, from a previous provider, a BT Home Hub, my question is can I configure the BT hub to accept my Talk Talk connection and if so can anyone help by explaining how this is done?

cheers in anticipation Peter

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cerbera

posted on 29/4/13 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Yes you can.

You need to log into your home hub (192.168.1.254 I believe) from a browser window then find and change the internet username and password to your Talk Talk one.

HTH

[Edited on 29/4/13 by cerbera]

Greenie

posted on 29/4/13 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
That sounds easy enough but how do I find the user name fr my Talk Talk one, I have the pass word..... Sorry to sound thick, I am better off with a spanner in my hand not a PC....

Regards Peter

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cerbera

posted on 29/4/13 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
It should be with the bumf they sent you. It will be yourlandline@talktalk.net

You will also need a username and password to log onto your home hub. I think the username will be admin and the password should be on label on the hub itself.

HTH

EX01

posted on 29/4/13 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
It used to be that the BT Home Hubs were locked to BT only Broadband, I know because the only way I could get the spare one to work for my dad when his router died was to flash the BT router with a custom ROM to unlock it.

So if you cant get it too work, I would Google the BT router model (normally printer some place on it) along with "Can I use it on another provider"

I know BT after a certain modle number also prevented flashing a custom ROM so you may be out of luck...... Good Ol BT.

The beauty of a build is not the build or the drive when it’s done, it’s the sneaking the funds slowly past the wife as she remains blissfully unaware!

cerbera

posted on 29/4/13 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
I didn't realise that was the case.
britishtrident

posted on 29/4/13 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
it would probably be easier to pick-up a secondhand ADSL router off ebay for buttons. A quick ebay trwal brought up some actual Talk-Talk D-Link routers

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Not Anumber

posted on 29/4/13 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
ADSL routers are relatively cheap and easy to pick up. I'd just buy one if there is a risk that your BT Home Hub router cannot be reconfigured.

Greenie

posted on 29/4/13 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers to everyone for there valuable advise.....struggling with the BT one may just take the ebay route.

Cheers again Peter

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.