Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Cylinderhead Temp Sensor
sssline

posted on 1/8/13 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec Cylinderhead Temp Sensor

Hi,
Just wondered if anyone was using the Zetec cylinder head temp sensor with their ECU, mine is used with my Omex 600, as it records the head temp, rather than water temp the readings differ to the gauge, in my case it also controls my fan via the ECU.

I was looking at the logging from a recent run and noticed a peak temp of 110'c from the ECU, water temp did not go over 100'c, would appreciate any experiance of the temps recorded by this sender, is this norm, and what fan on and more improtantly off settings other are using. (I am told the head temp will decay/cool more slowly than water temp)

Thanks
Tony.R

https://www.facebook.com/groups/swkitcars/

zetec

posted on 1/8/13 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
The resistance range of the sensor needs to match that required by the ECU, does Omex say the standard sensor range is OK? If not then readings will be out.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

Dusty

posted on 1/8/13 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tony, I still have the original omex sensor the flogged me 5 years ago. Never fitted. Yours if you want it. I don't have a calibration for it but omex do. I'm in Plymouth! Obviously!

Nigel

beaver34

posted on 1/8/13 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
what zetec engine?

i use the head sensor with the omex with my 1600 sigma no issues

sssline

posted on 1/8/13 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
I emailed Omex and they confirmed it should not be an issue, it was them that raised the question over the fan off temp, it was an Omex provided full loom and kit with Jenvies and was designed (loom wise) to use this sensor. I did ask re calibration or offset and was told it was not required.

Its a Blacktop crate 2.0

Just wondered what temps anyone else was seeing from the CHT sensor and how it compare to water temp..

Cheers
Tony.R

[Edited on 1/8/13 by sssline]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/swkitcars/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.