Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dyno Figures
DANMAN

posted on 22/9/24 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Dyno Figures

Just wondering if there has been a list compiled at some stage of dyno results for various BEC engines?
I did a search but couldn’t find anything.

More specifically I wanted to see if anyone had figures around a 2005 CBR1000 engine, mine is getting tuned shortly so I wanted to get a rough idea of what sort of power to expect at the wheels.
I know each dyno is different and from what the tuner has told me theirs doesn’t sugar coat (inflate) the figures so hopefully they will be realistic.

Mods are basic with custom exhaust headers and PC5 but I have had to make a lot of intake modifications to get the engine under the bonnet so thought if it ends up reading something like 30hp less than an expected ball park then we can look at making changes to try and correct any problems but if it is within 10hp or so of what others have managed on a similar engine then I won’t go mucking about with it and just drive the pants off it.

taylormade100

posted on 22/9/24 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look here http://westfield-world.com/enginespecs_bike.html it should tell you the stock power of your engine.
adithorp

posted on 23/9/24 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
When looking at manufacturers power numbers bear in mind most of them claim 10-20 bhp more than anyone ever sees in real life. Kawasaki are the only ones that don't seem to.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

DANMAN

posted on 24/9/24 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I think power at the engine can be a bit of a “general” indicator from manufacturers versus real life which is why I was wondering what others had managed at the wheels (albeit with dyno readings varying).
I suppose any 1000cc engine from around 2002-2008 would give me a bit of an idea of what is achievable, I’m guessing around 140-150HP?

DANMAN

posted on 24/9/24 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
I found this thread ( https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=110618 ) where Andy Bates mentions a 2007 model CBR1000 that managed 149BHP at the wheels so that gives me a bit of a ball park figure, will see how it goes I guess.

I’m only running a PC5 fuel only unit so it will only have tuning capabilities for the primaries and not the secondaries. I have been contemplating their add on ignition module but not sure if they are worth running or not?

[Edited on 24/9/24 by DANMAN]

MikeR

posted on 25/9/24 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
Andy had a very good reputation with bike engines, i'd therefore assume thats the top end power figure and accept something lower than that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.