Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: throtle bodies vs torque
Dale

posted on 7/9/05 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
throtle bodies vs torque

A question on putting throtle bodies on. I would assume that it gives better response but does it come at a lack of torque for an increase in top end? I have fuel injection and intend to keep it but I have to make at least one half of an intake. and the runners on my intake are atleast 16 inches long vs just a couple of inches on throtle bodies. I was understanding that shorter intake runners before carb/throtlebody gave higher rpm power curve vs longer ones at more power at lower rpms.
I am using a turbocharger so I have to envelop all the throtlebodies in one sealed bubble so to say. Would there be any benifit to going to individual throtle bodies in this use - I wont get that beautiful sound you get from them because of the turbo- With the regular length runners I will have around 250hp/250 tq. So a small loss of low end torque will not likely hurt to much.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

NS Dev

posted on 7/9/05 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
with the turbo all the calculations are much less relevant, pulse tuning from the individual throttles becomes irrelevant when the engine is being pressure fed anyway.

Just use the std manifold.

Dale

posted on 7/9/05 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
The manifold that came with mine is a split one- lower and upper halves. I am making a new upper one to point the factory or bigger-likely a bigger one- in the direction of the Intercooler. and to save myself 4 inches of hood clearance. That and Lima responds very nicely to a custom upper on the lower. What would be nice is a easy way to convert this to LPG. I have yet seen a simple way to convert it- its batch fired fuel injection but I assume it could be switched over to sequencial when I convert it to megasquirt.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

crbrlfrost

posted on 7/9/05 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Megaquirts don't do sequential, and frankly I wouldn't worry about it. It does either bank fire (two injections per crank rev) or batch (one per rev). I wouldn't worry about runner length or tuning harmonics either, the turbo won't mind. Sequential is maining an emissions, idle sort of thing. Nice to have once in a while, but ultimately not important. Cheers!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.