Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: where never this bad.......
Jon Ison

posted on 10/2/07 at 02:33 AM Reply With Quote
where never this bad.......

Honest
worX

posted on 10/2/07 at 03:23 AM Reply With Quote
It does seem to have certain similarities to a couple of posts that have been on here in the last month or so though...
Not that I pertain to knowing anything about them...

zetec

posted on 10/2/07 at 03:29 AM Reply With Quote
Well we had better start....dont want to be out done!

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

TimC

posted on 10/2/07 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec - you start by saying something prejudiced, I'll then react and you can then commence legal action or something.

It's ridiculous - it happens on almost every web forum I've ever looked at.

Cheers

Tim
(Does a lot of work for Charidy.)

t.j.

posted on 10/2/07 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote

I don't understand some people.....
Just looking for the power or what???

Probably some people have not control of their wife, work, money or car??? So they start to bother other people, which only want to do good things for other people.

Hopefully everyone around here learns and read that article.

macnab

posted on 10/2/07 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
oh oh

It seems these forums are really great at bringing the worst out in some people. A lesson to us all there, don't EVER make criticism personal.

I regularly tell folk I know about this site, about the amazing range of people I have met, having almost instant access to friendly help & advice from people who know far more than me and having conversations with car nuts on the other side of the planet.

We should be grateful of such a wonderful tool and not squander it on pettiness.

Humbug

posted on 10/2/07 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
No comment on the content of the linked thread... except to say, what a great registration for a Cateringvan: K2RUM
oliwb

posted on 10/2/07 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
I was chatting to IainB the other day and think he put it best. His theory was that everything went a bit loopy over winter because everyone's cars are off the road so they're bored and come on here instead and get provoked into saying things. If he's right it should all start to calm down again in a month or two.....though us hot headed Scot's will probably take another month to warm up remember! - Scott I think you make a good point, ppl can say what they like about me but the majority have never met or spoken to me so don't really know what I'm like (and vice-versa). I'll be the first to admit that I haven't liked ppl on the forum but having met them really, really get on well with them and enjoying having friends near by who are into the same things....thats kind of the whole point isn't it. I'll give anyone a chance now in person before making too many decisions about them....live and let live I say.....Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Browser

posted on 10/2/07 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
See what owning a Cateringvan does for you? You turn into a rabid horde of screaming loonies, feasting on each others' carcasses first chance you get
Me? I'll stick to Locosts and the like please

graememk

posted on 10/2/07 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
"have you apologised about your comments pertaining to homosexuals?"

wish i had time too read more into that one lol

macnab

posted on 10/2/07 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
The sites new front page...

[Edited on 10/2/07 by macnab] Rescued attachment DISCLAMER.jpg
Rescued attachment DISCLAMER.jpg

Browser

posted on 10/2/07 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Why d'you think they're like this with each other? My theory is that we're a more diverse bunch, having people building all sorts of cars in all sorts of countries, whereas BC is strictly for Cateringvan owners, some of whom, and please note that I said some, can be a mite supercillious when it comes to their cars and comparisons with other makes. I think this can lead to narrow-mindedness in other areas, or a certain fixity of thinking which could possibly lead to more easily sparked-off arguments? I'm thinking out loud here, what say you?

MikeR

posted on 10/2/07 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
To be honest i'm left shaking my head. Someone who's done so much for charity, who is so behind the charity, who's friend died of the disease has just decided to stop raising money for it because of a squabble on with someone on the internet!

I'm left wondering why raise the money in the first place.

(as it seems someone has already demonstrated they are willing to start legal action on the other thread please be careful what you write)

David Jenkins

posted on 10/2/07 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
macnab - I like that!

I try to look at it like this: a good rule of thumb is to imagine that you're standing in front of the person(s) you're addressing - would you say anything bad or rude if you stood a chance of getting a smack in the teeth?
Also, type your words, then take a deep breath and re-read them - could they be mis-understood, or are they unintentionally offensive?
I don't always get it right, but I do try.

MikeR

posted on 10/2/07 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
My boss taught me an important lessons.

Fight the fights you can win, accept the ones you can't. Most of the stuff on here you can't win to let it wash over you.

ok, once in a while you have to say "thats enough" but if you're saying that every few weeks then i think you need to look around and ask why. For me, its probably less than once a year on here.

Coose

posted on 10/2/07 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
I first went on Blatchat in late 2000, when the plebs were allowed. I only went on after it was recommended by a mate who had bought a Cateringvan and let me have a play (it made me want one, but not necessarily a Cateringvan, hence I bought my Striker! ).

I have just written a massive post with several comments, but have deleted most of it with fear of litigation!

Let's just say that some people take themselves waaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.....

Spin 'er off Well...

oliwb

posted on 10/2/07 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Notics they don't allow 21's in.....says it all really! If they're not willing to let other like minded ppl with (very) similar cars into their club they must be extremely narrow minded! Oli.

PS.
Can you believe he's sueing someone....what is this America? Was also reading on BBC website that some guy went to jail over web rage.....got in an argument on a forum and turned up at the other guys house with a bat!! I even know of a member on here threatening someone else on here with similar abuse....thats when you know somethings gone too far!

Edited to say- we're all a good bunch of guys though really!

[Edited on 10/2/07 by oliwb]

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Catpuss

posted on 10/2/07 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Feck me that thread is pretty rough. Then it wasn't too far off that here on a very short spate.

Perhaps we should have an "Abuse" forum where everyone can vent their spleen at each other knowing its a nice sandbox where bad feelings get left there. Much like drunk Japanese and their boss shaped punch bags.

chockymonster

posted on 10/2/07 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
You always find the EFA type on a forum, big up themselves, do lots of stuff for the club etc, make funny comments about people and get their knickers in a knot when people start attacking them.

I can't believe that he will deprive needy people of the money he is raising just because someone wouldn't give him his ball back. Kids!

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

Dick Bear

posted on 10/2/07 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
?

First my dumb question.... what or who are 21's?

Secondly.... I sure can't imagine bat beatings and law suits over web fights happening in the US.

I hope you guys keep that stuff for over there.

Dick Bear

www.marketpointproductions.com

Confused but excited.

posted on 10/2/07 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Bear

... I sure can't imagine bat beatings and law suits over web fights happening in the US.

Dick Bear

Yeah right!
That's because you guys are allowed hand guns.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

jollygreengiant

posted on 10/2/07 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
But WHAT are 21's?

Oh and also on that same thread area is another locked thread with a simililar heading that gives a bit more 'background'.

Everyone should put their hard hats on and duck, cos there are a lot of dummies being spat out of the pram at the mo.

[Edited on 10/2/07 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

red22

posted on 10/2/07 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
"But WHAT are 21's? "

Obviously connected with the homosexual thing

DIY Si

posted on 10/2/07 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Lotus 21 presumably

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Coose

posted on 10/2/07 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
No it isn't.....

Caterham 21

Spin 'er off Well...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.