Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another Busa question.......
Jon Ison

posted on 5/7/08 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Another Busa question.......

Clutch actuator thin rod pushy thing ?

Does this have to rotate (spin) in its housing or would it be ok to put a thread on it and fix a rose bearing onto it ? I was then thinking of converting it to cable operation but putting a rose bearing on the end would remove its ability to rotate ?

Am I making any sense here to busa owners or do I need to post a pic of what I'm thinking of doing ?

Jon Ison

posted on 5/7/08 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Here is a crap sketch with no scale etc but gives the general idea of what I'm thinking, its stopping the rods ability to rotate that is my only concern (I think)

Gezza

posted on 5/7/08 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hi i would say ok to do that, it does not need to rotate, but make sure that the thread does not interfere with the oil seal when clutch is fully in, ie disengaged.
gerry

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 5/7/08 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gezza
Hi i would say ok to do that, it does not need to rotate, but make sure that the thread does not interfere with the oil seal when clutch is fully in, ie disengaged.
gerry

Likewise. It definitely dosen't need to rotate. But be careful not to damage the integrity of the seal. Also be careful as it definitely won't like sideways pressure on the rod which will cause sideways pressure on the seal.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.