Board logo

Nurburgring track day?
elf83 - 12/4/11 at 07:11 PM

Is it worth doing a nurburg track day at 400 odd pound or just arriving and driving??

MakeEverything - 12/4/11 at 07:13 PM

Do you get controlled exclusive access to the ring with the organised track day? If so, then id say do that. The only thing that puts me off, is the other drivers in uncontrolled conditions.

Paradoxia0 - 12/4/11 at 09:49 PM

I've been to the Ring with a friend on a couple of occasions and we just turned up and drove. Worth checking online first that isn't an event on that would stop you getting in (we had one day written off as it was a "Friends and Family day"!!!)

The driving standard on the ring is generally pretty good. If you are quick people move over and let you pass safely, if you have a faster car bearing down on you you keep to the left and let it pass (where safe). I have seen a couple of crashes but from memory these have all been people being over zealous and spinning, skidding onto the grass or armco. Drive within your abilities! It is generally very safe and if the worse comes to the worse emergency services are there all the time.

On the other had I have seen too many smashed up motorbikes and bikers nursing arms, legs and one just laying in the gravel trap waiting for the ambulance. The very thought of taking a bike on the Ring scares the be-jesus out of me...

Mark