Board logo

Knockhill trackday 23rd May
Andy D - 20/3/14 at 09:41 PM

Knockhill trackday 23rd May

Knockhill are running a very rare full day's open pitlane day on Friday May 23rd. (The only one this year!)

We had an absolutely superb day there last year, so my self and a couple of pals are booked in again, anyone else fancy it?

It's a 105db day, £150.

You can either book on line:
http://trackdays.knockhill.com/trackday.php

Or book by phone on 01383 723 337

Andy D - 20/3/14 at 09:50 PM

Some vids for inspiration.

On board the Bigfoot Striker:

yellowcab - 20/3/14 at 09:53 PM

I wouldn't hesitate…. however I'm at Silverstone on the bank holiday Monday 26th lol

Andy D - 20/3/14 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
I wouldn't hesitate…. however I'm at Silverstone on the bank holiday Monday 26th lol

Two days to get from Knockhill to Silverstone, easy!

yellowcab - 20/3/14 at 10:14 PM

You reckon my car will survive? lol

Andy D - 20/3/14 at 10:25 PM

quote:
You reckon my car will survive? lol

Of course it will. (fingers crossed behind my back)

yellowcab - 20/3/14 at 10:31 PM

Let me do a trackday and get passed 12pm on Friday at Blyton

Then I might have book on

Andy D - 29/3/14 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Let me do a trackday and get passed 12pm on Friday at Blyton

Then I might have book on

He he!

I know of seven se7ens booked onto this so far. If you want to tick Knockhill off your list, this is the one.

It is the one and only chance this year, you'll get to do a full day's open pitlane at this fantastic little circuit.

yellowcab - 29/3/14 at 12:44 PM

I'm genuinely tempted.

I need brownie points first… 3 track days in 4 weekends, I need to neutralise the ratio a little lol

Andy D - 29/3/14 at 12:49 PM

quote:
I'm genuinely tempted.

I need brownie points first… 3 track days in 4 weekends, I need to neutralise the ratio a little lol

Don't worry, I won't hold you to that one. I realise Knockhill is one hell of a hike for you more southern based bods.

yellowcab - 29/3/14 at 01:18 PM

It's not the distance that bothers me.

I wouldn't blink an eyelid if I hadn't have already booked Silverstone on 26th, as that was £439 including the garage.

Andy D - 11/4/14 at 08:26 AM

Eight se7ens booked on now.

Plenty of room for more.

Andy D - 24/4/14 at 10:04 AM

Getting nearer..

adithorp - 1/5/14 at 09:09 AM

TRACKDAYS website have day listed there on the 26thMay (Bank holiday) but not the Friday. Free instruction, snacks and drinks as well.

Andy D - 1/5/14 at 09:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
TRACKDAYS website have day listed there on the 26thMay (Bank holiday) but not the Friday. Free instruction, snacks and drinks as well.

The Friday one is Knockhill circuit's own day. At the last count I think there are eight assorted se7ens booked on.

adithorp - 1/5/14 at 11:19 AM

Bank holiday would be easier work wise, but I still don't think I can justify the drive up there for either.

Andy D - 1/5/14 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Bank holiday would be easier work wise, but I still don't think I can justify the drive up there for either.

it's a three and a half hour journey for me, and well worth it in my opinion. Understanably, it's not everyone's idea of fun driving so far for a trackday.
It's a shame though, as Knockhill's a cracking circuit.

Andy D - 2/5/14 at 11:29 AM

Just three weeks to go now.

On my list of se7ens entered, I have six Westfields, an MK and a Caterham.. Zetec, Pinto, Duratec, Busa, Puma, Blade, VX, and GSXR.. no two cars with the same engine!

Any more?

bigfoot4616 - 2/5/14 at 05:33 PM

looking doubtful i'll be there, can't believe how scarce R1 motors are at the moment.
as long as it doesn't sell out still got a couple of weeks to find one, might be worth a wanted post on here.

Andy D - 9/5/14 at 10:02 AM

Just two weeks to go now.

adithorp - 9/5/14 at 10:46 AM

Deffo' can't make it now as there's a family do on Friday eve'. Can't miss one of those...again

bigfoot4616 - 11/5/14 at 06:37 PM

after a successful first start up of the new motor its looking more likely i'll make it.

Andy D - 14/5/14 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot4616
after a successful first start up of the new motor its looking more likely i'll make it.

Should have some nice running in weather in the next few days.

Not long now..

bigfoot4616 - 14/5/14 at 12:07 PM

only problem now is last night with a mate pushing the car back up the drive to turn it round i slipped and pulled a muscle in my left shoulder.
going to try and drive the car to its mot shortly, good job its got a paddleshift.

this morning in the van i had to rest my left hand on the bottom of the wheel and change gear with my right hand. sat at home doing paperwork at the mo.

would be typical of my luck if the car is right for knockhill but i'm not. although i'm sure a large dose of painkillers would get me through the day if its not improved much by then.

Andy D - 14/5/14 at 12:13 PM

quote:
only problem now is last night with a mate pushing the car back up the drive to turn it round i slipped and pulled a muscle in my left shoulder.
going to try and drive the car to its mot shortly, good job its got a paddleshift.

this morning in the van i had to rest my left hand on the bottom of the wheel and change gear with my right hand. sat at home doing paperwork at the mo.

would be typical of my luck if the car is right for knockhill but i'm not. although i'm sure a large dose of painkillers would get me through the day if its not improved much by then.

You need handicapping to give us a chance to keep up!

I did the last Cadwell day with back pain.. it's just what the Doctor ordered.

bigfoot4616 - 14/5/14 at 01:17 PM

a bit of pain is one thing, but i've just sat in the car to see how it felt and i can't physically move my left hand onto the wheel.
i will be 100% by knockhill hopefully although you'll still probably keep up, i'm going to be very rusty having not driven the car since august.

Andy D - 14/5/14 at 02:19 PM

quote:

i will be 100% by knockhill hopefully although you'll still probably keep up, i'm going to be very rusty having not driven the car since august.

I wish...

Nowt like getting the excuses in early mind!

bigfoot4616 - 14/5/14 at 08:23 PM

all went well, mot passed and took the long way home so got about 35 miles on it.

Andy D - 14/5/14 at 08:46 PM

quote:
all went well, mot passed and took the long way home so got about 35 miles on it.

Did it feel good?

bigfoot4616 - 15/5/14 at 04:25 PM

yep, apart from the clutch or should i say my use of the clutch. kept stalling it at first.

knockhill is now very likely, going for a drive on saturday morning then going to fit the oil cooler etc. then its good to go.

Andy D - 16/5/14 at 02:56 PM

quote:
yep, apart from the clutch or should i say my use of the clutch. kept stalling it at first.

knockhill is now very likely, going for a drive on saturday morning then going to fit the oil cooler etc. then its good to go.

If you fancy a destination with a brew, I'll be in Saturday.

bigfoot4616 - 16/5/14 at 04:03 PM

bacon butties?

Andy D - 16/5/14 at 05:50 PM

quote:
bacon butties?

You'll have to fetch the bacon..

bigfoot4616 - 16/5/14 at 06:10 PM

if i'm heading your way i'll be having some bacon at hartside on the way.

planning an early start so if i'm heading your way i'll text you from hartside.

Andy D - 16/5/14 at 06:20 PM

I'll listen out for you.

Andy D - 19/5/14 at 01:38 PM

Last shout out for Knockhill. The lastest BBC weather forecast for Friday at Knockhill is looking OK.

cosmicicecreamman - 20/5/14 at 11:34 AM

Hello all,

I will be attending the Knockhill trackday with my Sylva Riot.

Hopefully meet some of you in the paddock and on the track.

bigfoot4616 - 20/5/14 at 04:28 PM

i'm now booked on so see you there.

must be a few 7's/kits booked on now andy.

Andy D - 20/5/14 at 05:42 PM

quote:
i'm now booked on so see you there.

must be a few 7's/kits booked on now andy.

I think including you, I know of nine. Would think there'd be a few more that I don't know about too. Really looking forward to it now.

Andy D - 20/5/14 at 05:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cosmicicecreamman
Hello all,

I will be attending the Knockhill trackday with my Sylva Riot.

Hopefully meet some of you in the paddock and on the track.

Ah, hadn't spotted you, so that's ten assorted se7ens I know of. See you there.

cosmicicecreamman - 20/5/14 at 07:48 PM

Here's a photo of my Riot with my little boy in it.

Hopefully meet some of you down there.

Stephen

[Edited on 20/5/14 by cosmicicecreamman]

Andy D - 20/5/14 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cosmicicecreamman
Here's a photo of my Riot with my little boy in it.

Hopefully meet some of you down there.

Stephen

Can't see a photo..

You say "down there" surely there's nothing further north than Knockhill?

cosmicicecreamman - 20/5/14 at 07:59 PM

I'll try and get some photos up.

Yup, I'm a 2-3hrs north of Knockhill!!!

Andy D - 22/5/14 at 02:13 PM

The forecast for tomorrow is looking really good, hope it's accurate!

bigfoot4616 - 22/5/14 at 09:20 PM

looking good up here at the moment

Andy D - 24/5/14 at 08:24 AM

Fantastic day ..again. Three years running we've been lucky with the weather, not one spot of rain yesterday, unbelievable!

Good to meet a few folks, although I'm hopeless with names and faces, so I probably wont remember who's who!

I took loads of pics, some are uploaded here:
http://s133.photobucket.com/user/dixonandrew/library/#/user/dixonandrew/library/Knockhill%20trackday%2023rd%20May%202014?sort=3&page=1&_suid=1 40091976912506660860590353933

Here's a random selection:

Andy D - 25/5/14 at 03:00 PM

A couple of vids from the day.

My last session:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yclzULMuPNE&list=UUd_9u6pMgEqj_Z-egfa4GRA

Son, Pete's last session:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHkUGAN0XRY

bigfoot4616 - 25/5/14 at 04:58 PM

not just you exceeding track limits in your car then

cosmicicecreamman - 26/5/14 at 11:37 AM

Hello all,

Had a fantastic day and was good to meet and speak to some of you.

Impressive number of cars and was good to get track time with a variety of cars.

Would like to get down to some Southern track days but with Croft being the next nearest track and 6hrs away it's a bit of a trek.

Stephen

bigfoot4616 - 26/5/14 at 02:33 PM

not sure if i spoke to you or not. 6 hours is a fair old trek to croft but we're there a week on saturday, there was mention of a possible place available.
andy will know if there is.

here's a couple of vids, the second one is the same session as andy's first vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-UVBUpoGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL22oZRPVe0

cosmicicecreamman - 27/5/14 at 11:39 AM

Would love to but got young children to look after so will have to pass.

The wife's family are from Yorkshire so could try and pass it off as a family visit!!!!

I'll keep an eye on the site and hopefully get down to one later on this year.

Cheers

Andy D - 27/5/14 at 02:08 PM

quote:

Would like to get down to some Southern track days but with Croft being the next nearest track and 6hrs away it's a bit of a trek.

I think that's the first time I've heard Croft and Southern trackdays in the same sentence.

cosmicicecreamman - 27/5/14 at 04:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:

I think that's the first time I've heard Croft and Southern trackdays in the same sentence.

Knockhill is Southern to me!!!!