Board logo

Calling all Chelsea football fans
davrus - 12/1/11 at 07:00 PM

I promised my little lad that i will take him to Stamford bridge to watch chelsea play, I dont wand a really big game as i dont want it to be too busy as it is our first time.

My question is where can we park the car. is there any where near by where it will be safe and not have to walk too far and not pay too much for parking?

Also how much money do you think it will cost?

Any recomendations on a game?

Cheers in advance

Dave

[Edited on 12-1-11 by davrus]

Puzzled - 12/1/11 at 07:31 PM

Would suggest you hold off visiting for a few weeks. If results dont improve ,then you will be able to park up in the Directors Car Park for Nothing!!!!!!!

Flamez - 12/1/11 at 07:33 PM

Have you got tickets

carpmart - 12/1/11 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled
Would suggest you hold off visiting for a few weeks. If results dont improve ,then you will be able to park up in the Directors Car Park for Nothing!!!!!!!

I think this could be an insightful post!

davrus - 12/1/11 at 07:59 PM

No not got tickets yet as was waiting till the weather gets a bit warmer and just planning in advance.

Like the comments LOL, but i will say now , my son is 12 so give him some credit and i am not a football man so cant lurcher him on to another team. Mind you at least he dont support Man-u

Now what have i started LOL

martyn_16v - 12/1/11 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by davrus
not pay too much for parking?

You haven't been to London before have you?

NCP car parks around there are approaching £9 an hour. I'd either park somewhere further out and get the tube in.

Ninehigh - 13/1/11 at 08:32 PM

£9 an hour? Does that include valet parking and a hand job? (take that whichever way you want )

daniel mason - 13/1/11 at 08:48 PM

i would defo take a train or tube and park somewhere outside london. when i travel to london watching liverpool,thats what i do. for west ham we park at upminster and get train to east ham. for north or west london we park outside london (cant remember name of station) and get train in!

martyn_16v - 13/1/11 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
£9 an hour? Does that include valet parking and a hand job? (take that whichever way you want )

Bizarrely the valet parking at Harrods is actually cheaper than the NCP across the road if you're there for more than 2 hours (but still doesn't include the handjob )