Board logo

When did eBay limit how many items one can sell ?
NigeEss - 7/1/13 at 12:41 AM

Haven't sold owt on the bay for over a year but listed a few things today. When I went to My eBay Selling tab]it tells me I can only list ten things per month ! When did this start ? Planning on having a major clear out and it'll take months if theydon't increase my limit.

ETA... Just followed the link to increase the limit, fill in a request form, they then send a code by snail mail for me to enter before my request is granted......or possibly not....Knobs.

If anyone's interested here the first few things. [url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/nige90tdi/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686]linkydoo[/url

[Edited on 7/1/13 by NigeEss]

Slimy38 - 7/1/13 at 05:53 AM

I'll ask the other half as she sells loads of stuff. She hasn't got a limit that low, although there is a higher limit that you can't go above as a personal seller. I think it's something like more than a hundred items on at any one time and they decide you're a business and give you all those privileges. Like you having to offer no-quibble refunds on everything in exchange for a few pence saving.

Has it been a while since you've sold stuff, or is this the first time you've sold anything?

Barkalarr - 7/1/13 at 07:51 AM

I advertise from my iPhone and I get 100 free listings per month (if you start them @ 99p)

NigeEss - 7/1/13 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38

Has it been a while since you've sold stuff, or is this the first time you've sold anything?

Not the first, just been a while.

bobinspain - 7/1/13 at 10:46 AM

Selling on ebay has been a nightmare.
I sold three items of jewellry a couple of years ago, (combined value, £3 grand). No problem.

Last month, I tried to list some Mambo, loud shirts from here in Spain, and since they wouldn't be popular with the Spanish market, I tried using ebay.co.uk Get this---I wasn't allowed to sell to UK (despite the fact that I'd already done so), until I'd built up a track record selling to my 'domestic market,' i.e. Spain. I asked, as a Brit, how could I sell to my home country?
I was given the answer, "you need a track record in selling." A perfect example of Catch 22. I was told that the selling rules were modified in jan 2012 and that's why my other high-net-worth sales "didn't count under the new rules."

I think ebay sucks. Primarily because, they couldn't give a toss. Every time I asked a difficult question of the 'customer services wallahs,' online, when they couldn't give me an answer, (it's happened about 8 times), they'd simply type in 'session ended,' and foxtrot-oscar into the ether. What kind of customer service is that? Several follow up email complaints went totally unacknowledged too.

Beware the 'free listing' offers. Make sure, as a previous poster mentioned, that you start the auction at 99p or less. Having circumvented my problem above, (by logging a UK address as my contact, and re-shaping the whole ad' to explain the situation to potential bidders), I went down a default route offered by ebay, whereby the listing began, (somewhat sneakily as it transpired), at a pound. £1. Since 'buy it now' was £75, the difference appeared academic, as I hadn't seen the 99p caveat in the 'small print.' NOT SO. I ended up paying 18% of the sale value in listing fees.

From now on, I'll buy via ebay, but selling, as a private individual's not worth the hassle The 'joke' is, that with 270 deals over 8 years, and 100% positive feedback, you'd think ebay would be courting my custom. Like I say though, "they couldn't give a toss."

[Edited on 7/1/13 by bobinspain]

Not Anumber - 7/1/13 at 02:15 PM

With over 220 Ebay transactions ive never had any problems with EBay buyers or sellers but I have a failrly low opinion of EBay themselves. The selling fees are far too high for the service they provide and their customer services is a contradiction in terms.

They have de-listed a few of my items that didnt break any E bay rules and failed to respond when i raised my concerns, never provided a satisfactory explanation and even at one point even falsely claimed they did not have any screen shots or other record of a deleted item which would have clearly proved I was right.

It's high time they had some serious competition in their marketplace.