Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dash board crews
davrus

posted on 12/1/11 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Dash board crews

I am looking to make my dash board removable by undoin screws / fasteners from around the edge.

Is there any special screws that people use that are i.v.a compliand. It is a padded dash so any will probably not be a problem for i.v.a but i want them to look right.

All comments welcome

[Edited on 12-1-11 by davrus]

big_wasa

posted on 12/1/11 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Ive used stainless flanged button screws but I cant tell you if they will pass or not untill tested.
Miks15

posted on 12/1/11 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
ive made a 3mm aluminium strip with countersunk bolts glued into it. Then rivetted this on the back of my dashboard so there are 8 studs sticking out the back of my dash. then made 8 L brackets which will be rivetted on to the metal frame of my scuttle. This then allows the studs to go through holes on the bracket and then a nut can be put on the back of the dash. Nice secure fixing with no visible bolts

The dash will be padded so you wont be able to see the rivet heads around the rim when all is finished.

pekwah1

posted on 12/1/11 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
and there was me drawn to your post thinking 'what the hell is a dash board crew????'
jabbahutt

posted on 18/1/11 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
dash was made of MDF and used countersunk machine screws. Drilled holes so the screws were a nice firm push fit and secured with araldite. When set filled in any slight depressions again with araldite and covered in vinyl.

Hope that helps

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.