Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My Haynes Roadster
YODI

posted on 14/10/12 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
My Haynes Roadster

I though't I'd start a thread on here too, so excuse the copy and pasting but I'll keep it current after today

I Fancied a toy again and after some research this came up for a great price.

I bought it from Gus on here who built it himself, he was a welder/fabricator and has done a really good job finishing it.

The car does need some work, the brakes are shocking and need some attention and there's also an oil leak.

Other than fixing faults the rest of the work I'm looking to do is change the dash to individual gauges, change the diff to an LSD, upgrade brakes, change the wheels and a few other bits

Here's some pics

YODI

posted on 14/10/12 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote

YODI

posted on 14/10/12 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Need some help guys, today wasn't such a great day.. Out enjoying the car, it got hot, very hot, battery warning light came on so quickly back to the garage and the alternator belt is missing, one of the idler pulley the previous owner fitted has simply shat itself and it's no longer there.

Does anyone know what idler I can use, is there someone who does a kit including the mount so I can start again?

Thanks, Yodi

[B]BEFORE[/B]

[B]AFTER (TOP MIDDLE OF PIC, GUIDE MISSING)[/B]

YODI

posted on 14/10/12 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
I sourced a new bracket and idler set up specific for the black top which is now fitted, it secures to the water pump and came with new bolts etc.

The only thing I'd like to change is the bolt through the idler so the nut is in safety.

I have also started fitting my gauges into the dash, once they are all in and working properly I will take the whole dash out and replace it with a carbon dash and refit everything excluding the sierra dash into that, anyone know wheres good to get the carbon from ?

Went out for a quick drive today too, before the true cold weather sets in.

YODI

posted on 14/10/12 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Bit of an update, I fitted my gauges in the dash temporarily but I didn't actually like it, so it's time to fit a new one.

I've ordered some nice 2mm thick Carbon that I'll be making the dash from it should be here on Friday

so out with the old, stripped ready to use as a stencil and then firewood, and taken delivery of the new.

YODI

posted on 14/10/12 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Still so much trimming to do

[Edited on 14/10/12 by YODI]

Proby

posted on 14/10/12 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good! Carbon with the green looks great. Where did you buy your carbon sheet from?

Visit GraphicMonster

YODI

posted on 14/10/12 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Hi I bought the Carbon from Carbonmods, the sheet was 1500x1000 and left loadssssss left over but it was the cheapest way to buy it for the size I needed, trimming takes a while though
YODI

posted on 26/10/12 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Getting there, just waiting for some black screws to arrive.

Ive had the windshield painted so its no longer the fibreglass finish, I put some black gloss vinyl under it so it goes over to the mirrors too, and the gauges are getting there now.

YODI

posted on 15/11/12 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Dash finished, decided to riv nut the back just waiting for the black screws I ordered to arrive, wire it all up and finish making my carbon centre console

vanepico

posted on 15/11/12 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think if I ever bought a car off a bloke on the same forum i'd use the word 'firewood' in the thread!!!!!

That thing looks badass with the carbon and green!

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

YODI

posted on 15/11/12 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
I don't get your first sentence, but thanks for the second lol
YODI

posted on 21/11/12 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
So the dash is pretty much there I just need to add the small buttons for the speedo, I am working on the centre console.

I have removed the handbrake completely, and also the gear lever hole I then reskinned the whole console to give it a nice fresh layer, and will re drill the gearlever whole when i'm done and make it smaller than it was. I then started the Carbon layering after watching the video a couple of times.. I've never done it before and it doesnt seem too difficult but I'll see how it comes out.

The last picture is after it's first layer of resin and is still wet, I'll post again when it's finished.

Yodi

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.