Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Year's Resolution
bobinspain

posted on 31/12/12 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
New Year's Resolution

Given the pre-occupation with saving weight in our cars, I'm determined to improve the performance of my car in the most cost-effective way possible. Weighing in today at 110kg, I'm starting the post-festive diet today.
On the wagon from today too, (not sure for how long, but at least 6 weeks). No nippy-sweeties or San Mig for me tonight.
Target is to get 25kg off in as many weeks.
Over my life (to date) I reckon I've shed (and put back on) over 120kg. Five here, 10 there etc.

I'm not doing a 'fad' diet, just going to cut down on everything. An RAF Aeromedical doctor chum of mine told me something very profound 40 years ago and I wish I'd heeded him. He said (in his best Scots accent): "when you boil it all down Bob, no bugger in Belsen ever got fat."

Happy New Year.

daniel mason

posted on 31/12/12 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
without getting too serious, i would stick to the paleo diet. its very healthy,foods are nice and health will massively improve. its what i stick to 6 days a week. and usually have a meal out or takeaway one day a week.
not sure how you are with fitness but crossfit would be my recommendation for a stronger,fitter body. and when used with paleo,a far more healthy body
crossfit have daily workouts on the web and have a site to make workouts easier if you cant hit rx'd times or weights.
good luck!

johnny chimpo

posted on 31/12/12 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
I started my New Years resolution early and joined the gym at the start of December. Bit of a strange time to start, but I figured if I could stick at it through the hectic month of December then I should be able to stick at it the rest of the year. I've been going three times a week and so far I'm really enjoying it. My only aim is to loose the beer belly, unfortunately that means cutting out the beer :-(
bobinspain

posted on 31/12/12 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
without getting too serious, i would stick to the paleo diet. its very healthy,foods are nice and health will massively improve. its what i stick to 6 days a week. and usually have a meal out or takeaway one day a week.
not sure how you are with fitness but crossfit would be my recommendation for a stronger,fitter body. and when used with paleo,a far more healthy body
crossfit have daily workouts on the web and have a site to make workouts easier if you cant hit rx'd times or weights.
good luck!

Time is something I've plenty of Daniel. I've been retired 12 years out here and tomorrow's the start of my OAP year.
My problem is I'm 'all or nothing,' full on or full off. I like the sound of 6 days behaving myself and one day's indulgence (beer), though. I'll take a look at the paleo regime.
I reckon simple hill-walking will do all the cardio-vascular I need at my time of life. That and lifting all those San Mig glasses every 7 days.

daniel mason

posted on 31/12/12 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
paleo is very simple. if it lives or grows you can have it. but no processed food at all.
all fruits,veg,meat,dairy,nuts,oils etc are allowed.

JoelP

posted on 31/12/12 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Im going to do dry january - not a drop of booze all month. Im far from a heavy drinker but im a firm believer in exercising ones willpower. And having had a few drinks daily for a few weeks, i do feel a craving coming on at teatime!

iank

posted on 31/12/12 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Quite achievable if you have some will power.

I followed the advice in http://www.amazon.co.uk/Why-We-Get-Fat-ebook/dp/B003WUYOQ6 based on a recommendation here.
Went from 104kg down to 75kg in 4-5months so it can work very well. I was losing 2kg a week at the start but obviously the rate of reduction falls.
Another guy at work is using it with the same results.

I've moved on to a more paleo kind of diet now I'm down to a more "appropriate" weight.

Good luck.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

bobinspain

posted on 31/12/12 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Quite achievable if you have some will power.

I followed the advice in http://www.amazon.co.uk/Why-We-Get-Fat-ebook/dp/B003WUYOQ6 based on a recommendation here.
Went from 104kg down to 75kg in 4-5months so it can work very well. I was losing 2kg a week at the start but obviously the rate of reduction falls.
Another guy at work is using it with the same results.

I've moved on to a more paleo kind of diet now I'm down to a more "appropriate" weight.

Good luck.

Book ordered. I use Amazon a lot.
Many thanks.
I've plenty of willpower, I need a little more won'tpower.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.