Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: When did eBay limit how many items one can sell ?
NigeEss

posted on 7/1/13 at 12:41 AM Reply With Quote
When did eBay limit how many items one can sell ?

Haven't sold owt on the bay for over a year but listed a few things today. When I went to My eBay Selling tab]it tells me I can only list ten things per month ! When did this start ? Planning on having a major clear out and it'll take months if theydon't increase my limit.

ETA... Just followed the link to increase the limit, fill in a request form, they then send a code by snail mail for me to enter before my request is granted......or possibly not....Knobs.

If anyone's interested here the first few things. [url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/nige90tdi/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686]linkydoo[/url

[Edited on 7/1/13 by NigeEss]

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Slimy38

posted on 7/1/13 at 05:53 AM Reply With Quote
I'll ask the other half as she sells loads of stuff. She hasn't got a limit that low, although there is a higher limit that you can't go above as a personal seller. I think it's something like more than a hundred items on at any one time and they decide you're a business and give you all those privileges. Like you having to offer no-quibble refunds on everything in exchange for a few pence saving.

Has it been a while since you've sold stuff, or is this the first time you've sold anything?

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 942
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 7/1/13 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
I advertise from my iPhone and I get 100 free listings per month (if you start them @ 99p)
NigeEss

posted on 7/1/13 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38

Has it been a while since you've sold stuff, or is this the first time you've sold anything?

Not the first, just been a while.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

bobinspain

posted on 7/1/13 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Selling on ebay has been a nightmare.
I sold three items of jewellry a couple of years ago, (combined value, £3 grand). No problem.

Last month, I tried to list some Mambo, loud shirts from here in Spain, and since they wouldn't be popular with the Spanish market, I tried using ebay.co.uk Get this---I wasn't allowed to sell to UK (despite the fact that I'd already done so), until I'd built up a track record selling to my 'domestic market,' i.e. Spain. I asked, as a Brit, how could I sell to my home country?
I was given the answer, "you need a track record in selling." A perfect example of Catch 22. I was told that the selling rules were modified in jan 2012 and that's why my other high-net-worth sales "didn't count under the new rules."

I think ebay sucks. Primarily because, they couldn't give a toss. Every time I asked a difficult question of the 'customer services wallahs,' online, when they couldn't give me an answer, (it's happened about 8 times), they'd simply type in 'session ended,' and foxtrot-oscar into the ether. What kind of customer service is that? Several follow up email complaints went totally unacknowledged too.

Beware the 'free listing' offers. Make sure, as a previous poster mentioned, that you start the auction at 99p or less. Having circumvented my problem above, (by logging a UK address as my contact, and re-shaping the whole ad' to explain the situation to potential bidders), I went down a default route offered by ebay, whereby the listing began, (somewhat sneakily as it transpired), at a pound. £1. Since 'buy it now' was £75, the difference appeared academic, as I hadn't seen the 99p caveat in the 'small print.' NOT SO. I ended up paying 18% of the sale value in listing fees.

From now on, I'll buy via ebay, but selling, as a private individual's not worth the hassle The 'joke' is, that with 270 deals over 8 years, and 100% positive feedback, you'd think ebay would be courting my custom. Like I say though, "they couldn't give a toss."

[Edited on 7/1/13 by bobinspain]

Not Anumber

posted on 7/1/13 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
With over 220 Ebay transactions ive never had any problems with EBay buyers or sellers but I have a failrly low opinion of EBay themselves. The selling fees are far too high for the service they provide and their customer services is a contradiction in terms.

They have de-listed a few of my items that didnt break any E bay rules and failed to respond when i raised my concerns, never provided a satisfactory explanation and even at one point even falsely claimed they did not have any screen shots or other record of a deleted item which would have clearly proved I was right.

It's high time they had some serious competition in their marketplace.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.