Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bulkhead pannel
Thetom

posted on 31/12/13 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Bulkhead pannel

Just made my bulkhead pannel (spire gtr), with the engine in (09 fireblade), there is approx 4" from the top of the block to the pannel. Is there any point while I still have good access in covering the panel in dynamat or similar? I realise 13000 rpm 4" behind you is never going to be quiet and the airbox will be very loud anyway, will it make any difference or is it a total waste of time??

Thanks!

Tom

Btw, road/track car, not out and out racer!

[Edited on 31/12/13 by Thetom]

Duncan36

posted on 31/12/13 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
The whole bulkhead on a GTR is usually held in with rivnuts, so it's removable for getting to the engine. I didn't have any heat shield on mine, but the GT3 I'm building now will have it.

www.acorn-printing.co.uk
www.tshirtuk.com

Thetom

posted on 31/12/13 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm, I've drilled half of it for rivets now, is it going to be a mistake to rivet it on? There's not that much down the 'front' side of my engine so I'm not sure I'd lose that much over the effort of removing the seats and the panel to get to something...
Duncan36

posted on 31/12/13 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
It just made life easier for me, although that was fitted by Spire when I had the blade put in. You have to drill it smaller to start with anyway, so it's not too late it you choose to rivnut it. If you go for rivets then some sicaflex with kill vibration from the panel and help reduce noise.

Hope that helps

www.acorn-printing.co.uk
www.tshirtuk.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.