Board logo

1660 X-Flow Turnkey Package
aardvark101 - 28/10/13 at 07:41 PM

Due to a Zetec install being on the cards i am going to sell the X-flow engine from my car.
This was built by Neil Bold @ http://boldengineering.com/ who builds FF race engines,it has been run in from new with around 2000 miles on it.

The engine will come as a complete Turn Key package with the carb/ clutch/ manifolds etc, so basically drop it in the hole, connect up fuel and water and you are good to go.

All parts are new or refurbished as new (block etc)i am informed by Neil that it produces around 120 B.H.P.it pulls well right through to the redline with a nice flat torque curve, but remains easy to drive in traffic.

I have used this engine for the last year with no problems apart from an alternator issue, this has now been replaced with a new unit. It doesn't smoke or boil up and is great to drive, its also had 3 oil changes this year

The engine is in the car and can be heard running, i will gladly take (serious) prospective purchasers out for a run.
Any question please feel free to get in touch either by P.M. or call me on 07767898936, located in Essex.
cheers Paul

SPEC
1660 X-Flow 10.2-1 static compression
Crack tested cast crank
1600 Pistons
New rings / bearings throughout
Lightened Flywheel
Bottom end balanced
Solid crank pully
H.P. oil pump
Duplex timing chain
Front bowl sump
Magnetic sump plug
A.P. Formula clutch

Very big valve head
Bronze guides
Valve springs
Unleaded seats
Steel rocker posts
Kent 234 cam

Single 45 DCOE Webber & Linkage
Lynx inlet manifold (You can retain original master cylinders)
Aldon distributor, side entry cap
Electronic ignition
Big bore 4-1 exhaust manifold
Motor craft leads
Bosch Platinum plugs

New Alternator
New Starter motor
New Solenoid
New Water pump
New Coil
New Standard Fuel pump

I have various spare gaskets,oil an filters and bits and bobs included.

Price £2000.00

Locost_col - 29/10/13 at 09:04 PM

I have a few friends that have raced/ still race FF and they all use Neil bold engines. Best crossflow builder around.

aardvark101 - 3/11/13 at 11:06 AM

Open to sensible offers on this, dont really want to put it "You know where"

aardvark101 - 10/11/13 at 03:42 PM

NOW SOLD