Board logo

Jensen anyone????
DarrenW - 4/6/13 at 06:47 PM

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/kit-cars/other-models/jensen-interceptor-iii-auto-1974/1258602

slingshot2000 - 4/6/13 at 06:59 PM

That's the one car I will forever regret selling !

Jon

DarrenW - 4/6/13 at 07:01 PM

Sorry for stirring up bad memories Jon. At the time it was a market where anybody in similar circumstances would have sold. Too many years ago to worry about now. Great car though.

Worzey - 4/6/13 at 07:15 PM

Oh, I love that.

I had the chance to buy a very tatty Jenson Healy back in 1990/1991 for £4k but turned the opportunity down as it looked like a money pit The Interceptor is a very different animal.

I also tried to purchase a Ferrari 512TR Boxer for around £20k back in the mid noughties. It was Dodi Fayed's old car that failed to make the £20k reserve at auction. I offered £20k a day later but had the offer turned down Worth considerably more than £20k now.

One day....

myke pocock - 4/6/13 at 07:43 PM

Very nice car ruined!!!!!!

DarrenW - 4/6/13 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock

A man with something sensible to say. Some nice original cars around for 30-40k, or this monstrosity for daft cash.

I get the engine and mechanicals if donor was a shed. But not the body mods.

Simon - 4/6/13 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock

I don't know, I quite like it. Poss slightly too blingy for my tastes, but definitely nicely finished. Also, it might have been a right scrapper before the "resto" so no loss to the perfectionistas.

Says p/x maybe. I'll be interested if they take my Espace, put a towbar on the 'ceptor and replace that motor with a diesel

ATB

Simon

Locost_col - 4/6/13 at 07:52 PM

Yeh have to say I don't like it. Would much rather have an Original one. If I had a spare 30 k that is!!!!!

blakep82 - 4/6/13 at 08:09 PM

Thats the one from fast and furious 6 isnt it?

monck - 4/6/13 at 09:18 PM

I watched someone race a Jensen interceptor in a banger race

snapper - 5/6/13 at 05:00 AM

I like it
Brings out of classic chic to a modern look
The younger folk wont know what it was.

mark chandler - 5/6/13 at 05:34 AM

'The induction kit is bespoke'

Sticking a K&N on the front of the TB, very bespoke that.

I do not get the fascination of shoving huge wheels on cars, I like it but would be better if more restrained on the jap tuning look.

Xtreme Kermit - 5/6/13 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

That's what I was thinking...

I like it.

phelpsa - 5/6/13 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xtreme Kermit
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

That's what I was thinking...

I like it.

I dont think so. This is the FAF6 one:

Much more tasteful

[Edited on 5-6-13 by phelpsa]

blakep82 - 5/6/13 at 07:59 PM

^ ah yes! Look quite different side by side. I thought it was like another one they made for stunts or something.
Similar, but different.
In the film, I thought it was classic jap, was surprised to see it was a jensen!