Board logo

Viewing .nrg file?
red22 - 4/1/11 at 10:30 AM

Having downloaded a file with a .nrg extension I'm have trouble viewing it. I think that this is some sort of iso image file but created by Nero. The net recommended Alcohol52% to open the file but I'm not having a lot of success.

Anyone know what I should be doing? do I need to burn the file to DVD and then view it? If so do I need to convert it to a different format.

Any help or advice greatly received. Thanks.

[Edited on 4/1/11 by red22]

ChrisW - 4/1/11 at 11:13 AM

Yeah, it's a Nero image, their version of an .iso file.

There are .nrg to .iso convertors available if you have a different burning program other than Nero.

Also, software that can mount .iso files as drives, ie as if you'd burnt it to a disc and put the disc in a drive, but saves wasting a disc.

If you're on linux this is all very easy...?

Chris

m8kwr - 4/1/11 at 11:29 AM

could try daemon tools lite, it says it open nrg file, but have not got one to test.

Link

MikeRJ - 4/1/11 at 12:55 PM

Daemon Tools works fine with NRG files, I use it regularly.

red22 - 4/1/11 at 04:36 PM

Thanks for the help.

Tried Alcohol And Daemon and it looks like I have a bad/incomplete file. Although this could also be me not grasping what I should be doing as I assumed that this was a giant manual but it seems to be more of a program.Every time I try and mount it it brings up a runtime error, grrrr.

Going to try a couple of other versions of the file to see if I can get it to run.