Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sylva Striker Mk2
BAS

posted on 15/2/21 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Sylva Striker Mk2

Just thought I would say Hi. I'm newish to this site, but not to kit cars.

Been through a few staring in 1986 with a 1300 Dutton Melos. I rebuild this from a crash repaired body chassis and learned a lot and enjoyed 13000 miles.

I then decided that a new build would be better and bought a Sylva Leader 400 from Swindon Sportscars in 1988 and fitted a 1700 crossflow. That was a great car but the low ratio diff (chevette) let it down as road car. Think it would do 110 at 6900rpm 4 speed only. So I fitted a Manta axle with wide rear arches it suit, much more relaxed on the road.

Work and life kind of got in the way of Kit Cars but in 1996 I got Dax Rush did a fair bit of work on that, but a part built Hawk HF2000 (Stratos Rep) came up. Got this running but sold this on as other priorities took over again.

I left Car Kits alone till September 2019 and decided that the garage look empty, so I filled it with another Sylva, but a Striker this time. It's a 1998 kit registered in 2000 fitted again with a 1700 crossflow. Very low miles good body and chassis but been off the road for a long time. Been stripping down and refurbishing over lockdown and hope to have her up and running (fingers crossed) for the summer.

Hopefully the shows will start again this year and I can meet up with the club members.

Have to say this is one of the best sites I have used and a credit to all the members.

All the Best,

BAS

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 18/2/21 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the site BAS . Big fan of the Striker myself

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.