Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stylus Just Back On The Road
Fury1630

posted on 19/2/22 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Stylus Just Back On The Road

It's been in the garage for about six months getting re-furbed, engine bay all stripped, cleaned, painted, new engine, non-required parts removed & generally tidied up. New interior too.

Can't see how to post a pic (been a long time since I was on here) but there's some on my blog at:-

http://blatterbeast.blogspot.com/

It's now over 5 stone lighter than it was & just needs a set-up session booked for Apr 8th & it's ready for the SKCC "RogueRunners" splinter faction road trip in May.

emlyno

posted on 19/2/22 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Love the blog Fury. I had a problem fitting a hi torque starter to my Gemini. The solonoid was in contact with the chassis so I unbolted the flange, redrilled the holes and rotated the flange. Problem solved. A very useful upgrade.

Emlyn Owen

wonderfulweasel

posted on 19/2/22 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
It looks great, well done!

Thanks for the link to your blog, I’ve not seen it before so will have a little look through.

Fury1630

posted on 19/2/22 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, the blog's been going over 10 years, there's over 500 posts, mostly about the Fury, then there's a bit of a gap after it met it's dad demise, then restarted with refurbishing the Quantum & then the Stylus.

The starter I was sent had a ring of holes for adjustment, but either the big power stud was right against the engine, or the chassis was in the way, or the solenoid bit was hanging below the sump. None of those options appealed

scudderfish

posted on 19/2/22 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Your blog is in ,my RSS feed I didn't realise you also frequented here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.