Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viewing .nrg file?
red22

posted on 4/1/11 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Viewing .nrg file?

Having downloaded a file with a .nrg extension I'm have trouble viewing it. I think that this is some sort of iso image file but created by Nero. The net recommended Alcohol52% to open the file but I'm not having a lot of success.

Anyone know what I should be doing? do I need to burn the file to DVD and then view it? If so do I need to convert it to a different format.

Any help or advice greatly received. Thanks.

[Edited on 4/1/11 by red22]

ChrisW

posted on 4/1/11 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, it's a Nero image, their version of an .iso file.

There are .nrg to .iso convertors available if you have a different burning program other than Nero.

Also, software that can mount .iso files as drives, ie as if you'd burnt it to a disc and put the disc in a drive, but saves wasting a disc.

If you're on linux this is all very easy...?

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
m8kwr

posted on 4/1/11 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
could try daemon tools lite, it says it open nrg file, but have not got one to test.

Link

MikeRJ

posted on 4/1/11 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Daemon Tools works fine with NRG files, I use it regularly.
red22

posted on 4/1/11 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help.

Tried Alcohol And Daemon and it looks like I have a bad/incomplete file. Although this could also be me not grasping what I should be doing as I assumed that this was a giant manual but it seems to be more of a program.Every time I try and mount it it brings up a runtime error, grrrr.

Going to try a couple of other versions of the file to see if I can get it to run.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.