Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx9r engine/gearbox! help!!!
jlayton

posted on 11/5/12 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
zx9r engine/gearbox! help!!!

can an E series engine go straight into my C series engine's setup. as im having problems with my gearbox in my c series and im told it a common thing so need to change to an e series engine/gearbox. but can this just go straight into the old setup???

[Edited on 11/5/12 by jlayton]

ReMan

posted on 11/5/12 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Honda's are better?
Ahhh
I see you have elaborated now!

[Edited on 11/5/12 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

jlayton

posted on 11/5/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
i have just rebuilt the car so changing everything i.e loom, setup, ecu is not something i want to do yet :-(
Wadders

posted on 11/5/12 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Yes it will go straight in, but you will need the E ecu to go with it........ alternatively you could simply put an E gearbox in your existing engine.....check your u2u

Al.

roadrunner

posted on 11/5/12 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
I have just fitted a 2008 zx10 gearbox internals into a 2007 engine with no problems at all with the install .
The 2 engines run different ECU's but most of the internals are the same.

rj

posted on 11/5/12 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Just what I did last April, I kept the "c" carbs, but had to use the "e" loom, ecu and clocks, I considered just swaping the gearbox internals - my "c" engine was fine, just had the jumping out of gear issue. I felt that swaping the loom was an easyier option than swaping the gears. The main reason why the "e" loom etc must be used is that the "c" engine runs with a camshaft sensor, it dosnt work without it, the "e" head has the lug for the sensor, but it isnt drilled thro, if the camshaft has the lobe for the sensor it might just be a case of drilling for the sensor and running with the "c" loom etc. cant say for sure- i didnt investigate any further on mine but could be the easyist option.
All the engine mounts/exhaust are the same, only tiny difference I found was that the spacer that sits behind the output sprocket is about 3mm thicker on the "e" so the prop adaptor sits 3mm further back

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.