Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Saniflow (particularly Sanicompact) :)
Simon

posted on 6/3/13 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Saniflow (particularly Sanicompact) :)

Folks

Has anyone got one/used one etc.

When we get around to doing the downstairs loo, the choice (if we go for a trad loo), is dig up kitchen floor (not happening), dig a trench around the outside of the house and into garden, which will mean one hell of a hole (sewer prob 3 feet deep); will mean lifting patio and steps, probably a new manhole etc. We already have rainwater sewer going in opposite direction down the side path, so that might even get in the way.

Been looking at Saniflow - particularly the Compact - loo/macerator all in one and would suit our needs down to a tee.

So, what's people experiences please

Cheers

ATB

Simon

adam1985

posted on 6/3/13 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted one about 4 years ago (bog with pump built in and a basin waste piped in) for a bloke round corner from me hes never said out so i assume its fine still. I could ask him at weekend if you want as
I will proberbly see him.

The only think that puts me off macerators is if the need stripping or overhauling i just dont think i could do it

[Edited on 6/3/13 by adam1985]

russbost

posted on 6/3/13 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
I had one fitted in the upstairs bathroom for about 18 months or so b4 we managed to work out a way of getting a 4" outlet pipe installed. Always worked perfectly (thank goodness, cos I wouldn't have fancied cleaning it out ), tho' if you have teenage girls/women about the place they need to be told not to put tampons down as apparently they get tangled in the macerator blades rather than getting chopped up. Other than that, when I unistalled it, it was actually remarkably clean inside & I flushed it out & flogged it on ebay!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
DavidW

posted on 6/3/13 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I installed a couple in our last house whilst they did allow us to install bathrooms where it would not have been an option otherwise, they did make a bit of a noise which wasnt good for an en suite and each needed a bit of attention two or three times a year.
Simon

posted on 6/3/13 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adam1985
I fitted one about 4 years ago (bog with pump built in and a basin waste piped in) for a bloke round corner from me hes never said out so i assume its fine still. I could ask him at weekend if you want as
I will proberbly see him.

The only think that puts me off macerators is if the need stripping or overhauling i just dont think i could do it

[Edited on 6/3/13 by adam1985]

If you could ask him, that'd be grand please.

Re the stripping of the macerator - I have a plumber across the road, might find me paying him for a change

ATB

Simon

TheGiantTribble

posted on 6/3/13 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Just changed our Sanitop (loo and basin)at the weekend...it survived approx 8 years two children and their friends and at least one plastic toy soldier!
Reason for change was the barrings (I believe) were going and it had become very very noisy and lots of vibration.
But at least it kept working rather than conking out mid pump!
New one quiet as a church mouse.
Sold loads when I used to work for the merchants and they had a very good back up system and reputation...not certain what it's like now been out of the industry for about 6 years.

perksy

posted on 6/3/13 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
We fit/use them at work.
Be aware they can be noisy and they ideally need a service every 6 months, (check float and clean etc)

Make sure it will do what you need it to as some aren't capable of doing long waste runs and discharges from multiple hook up's.

They ain't the nicest of things to clean out
Don't ask me how i know

Simon

posted on 7/3/13 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Got to go from garage to soil pipe - run of about 5.5 metres with one 90deg bend, so should be ok.

Cheers all. Looking promising.

ATB

Simon

skodaman

posted on 7/3/13 at 01:23 AM Reply With Quote
Toilet in your garage now there's luxury.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 7/3/13 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote

ATB

Simon

plentywahalla

posted on 7/3/13 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
We have installed several of these on boats and have had some recurring problems. They do have a weak point in the design but it is easily fixed if you don't mind getting your hands dirty!

The units sometimes suddenly stop working and just make a humming noise. Most plumbers solution at this point is to try to sell you a new one but the problem is just a blown capacitor. The motor needs a high starting torque and so uses a large capacitor. This is situated inside the diaphragm/pressure switch assembly which is right at the bottom of the unit. This switch assembly is covered by a rubber cup which is only sealed by a jubilee clip. This seal can leak and the switch assembly slowly fills with 'water'. The unit still works at the pressure switch works on differential pressure but eventually the water level gets to the capacitor and it blows.

An hours work and a fiver spent at Maplins, and you have saved the cost of a new unit.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men ... and the obedience of fools. (anon)

Benzine

posted on 7/3/13 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Not Anumber

posted on 7/3/13 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Ive installed several, never had any issues. Make sure the one you buy is the correct spec for the purpose and you will be fine.

mookaloid

posted on 7/3/13 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
We manage several properties with them in and they regularly cause us problems.

They are noisy

To be fair it is usually operator error putting baby wipes/tampons/ moist toilet tissue/cotton wool buds etc down them.

Also they are noisy

The other thing that can happen if you are not careful about the routing of the waste pipe is that it can freeze in cold weather. If the unit is then used then it blows up and needs repairing...

Apart from that they are noisy

did I mention that they are noisy?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

lsdweb

posted on 7/3/13 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
My parents had one fitted many years ago (15+) to create a small ensuite. The pipe run on the outside of the building is near horizontal, has three 90 degree elbows and is about 15m long. The unit has only caused a problem once - when the outside pipe froze! Not pleasant to clean up! I had to replace the pipework (not pleasant either) as it split in several locations when it froze.

It is noisy though!

They are a solution to a problem and I would recommend if you can't get a 'proper' pipe in.

Wyn

Simon

posted on 8/3/13 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
Fortunately they appear quite compact so we can put two doors between loo and kitchen. Think it's deffo the most cost effective way to go.

Found a vid on YT and only seems noisy for a couple of secs while it dumps its load, so to speak

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.